Songs that give you a lump in the throat

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Cloggie, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has to be Summer Wind by big Frank.
    Has me in floods every time I hear it, thinking of my wonderful grandad up there watching over me :(

I miss him every minute of every day.

2. Drive by 'The Cars'.

It was always a fairly emotional song for me, but when it was played during 'Live Aid' in 1985 and the images which went with it, well, all too much I am afraid.

The line "Whos gonna plug their ears, when you scream" always brings that immortal image of the baby dying in her mothers arms and the lump grows along with the tears. :-(

3. There is a little known song by Alice Cooper called "I never cry" from the "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell" Album, it has got to me ever since i was a teenager. I defy any one who has ever really loved someone not to be moved.

4. Eva Cassidy's version of "Somewhere over the rainbow". It was played at my father's funeral and now I can't hear that song without my eyes filling up.

5. "the Living Years"- mike and the Mechanics, or "sailing"- rod stewart-- both played at Dads funeral- make me cry every time i hear it............

6. How can I live without you - leanne rhimes
    Played at funeral of young lad of a V boat as we carried his coffin into the crem - chokes me up every time I hear it. :crying:

7. Hiya all
    For me it's Going Home by Dire Straits and The Wonder of You Elvis both requested and played for my late husband Ken at his funeral.
    Now the one for me is is Averil Levigne When you're gone everytime that Tom and I have to part at the airport.
    Tears are good for the soul and have a terrific healing capability
    MH
    xx

8. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Oh no there are loads, I'm a right softy.

Elvis: In the Ghetto
    Somewhere over the Rainbow by just about anyone!

I could go on........................

9. Dad was a big Neil Diamond fan and it was his version of Mr Bojangles that was played as Dad was carried into the chapel. I still can't listen to it. I found it here but had to click away after about 30 seconds.

10. The list is tooooo long!
    'Forever Young' and I can't remember the singer still makes me go daft.
    The last time I heard it I had to pull over and park for a bit.
    Silly old sod!

11. hearts of oak

because it means that its either

time for the guard to march on and we can begin

or

time to starting marching off after divisions.

12. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Yep, that one will set me off as well!

13. Tears In Heavan. Eric Clapton

14. Here you go shipmate :)
    Terry Jacks

Good song mate, nice choice :)

15. Never mind the lump in the throat, anyone klnow any songs which gave them a lump in their trousers?

16. Already posted this one mate, but it does it for me :D

Calabria

17. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I just died in your arms - Cutting Crew.........nope welling up... just a min......

who there...... that's better...... lost it for a min.....