Song from the 60's

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by AfterSSE, Oct 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How many of you guy's who sailed out of Terror, remember this song, that's all my folks ever played when I lived over there as a kid..(that and anything by Slim Whitman....eeeeeek) :hockey:

I like the song though... :thumright:

Edit: thanks chieftiff for the other thread and putting me in this mood...[​IMG]
  2. Remember being asked when going up to eight hundred in the balloon to start singing I suggested "Spirit In The Sky" so it was a chorus of eight mumbling the words.
  3. This is for all of the zoomies out there (I think you guys call em WAFU's ?) this was well done, another of those classic 60's... :thumright: crank it up for the guitar and pipes...
  4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

How about this, we saw him in Vegas two years ago, he looked younger than he does in this vid:

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

AfterSSE I have just had a spooky moment listening to that vid you posted at the top of the thread! I know that song and I didn't know why until I realised, I lived in Singapore from 1968-1971 and that was brainwashed into me as a child by our hired help, God bless her.
  6. Was her name "Alma"...Lol...yeah figured this one would tweak some memories.... :hockey:
  7. Marvellous what they can do with embalming fluid these days