Something to bear in mind for Raleigh

Mk94

Midshipman
Hi all,

Having only completed 3 days at HMS Raleigh I have been temporarily medically discharged on the grounds that I failed to reach the required time for the RNFT (11:31) , along with my BMI being 28.5 (threshold his 28).

It's no fault but my own and I fully accept this. I just wanted to make anyone else going through the process aware!

Having said that, if i had weighed a mere 2kg less on the day the BMI tests were conducted I would still be at Raleigh but on a tier 2 warning and on the remedial process (you have to complete the rnft again at the start of week 5).

Moving forward I am to complete a diary to record weight loss and fitness improvement over the next 6 months- not ideal but it's what is required for re-entry.

Oh and I nearly forgot to mention they use you as a pin cushion if you don't have your vaccinations up to date- made the run even more enjoyable!

:eek:

Stirlin

War Hero
Hi all,

Having only completed 3 days at HMS Raleigh I have been temporarily medically discharged on the grounds that I failed to reach the required time for the RNFT (11:31) , along with my BMI being 28.5 (threshold his 28).

It's no fault but my own and I fully accept this. I just wanted to make anyone else going through the process aware!

Having said that, if i had weighed a mere 2kg less on the day the BMI tests were conducted I would still be at Raleigh but on a tier 2 warning and on the remedial process (you have to complete the rnft again at the start of week 5).

Moving forward I am to complete a diary to record weight loss and fitness improvement over the next 6 months- not ideal but it's what is required for re-entry.

Oh and I nearly forgot to mention they use you as a pin cushion if you don't have your vaccinations up to date- made the run even more enjoyable!

:eek:
PPPPPP.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Well, at least (on the positive side) you are man enough to come on here to warn others.

But, by your own admission, it is nobody's fault but your own. Just how long did you have to prepare for this VERY important event? One year? Two? Plus, it is more than likely that you have deprived somebody else who was not a gym dodging lardyass of a place.

Once you have joined up, ask where in the RN dictionary 'sympathy' falls.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Were you aware, prior to joining Raleigh that your BMI needed to be under 28?

Generally those who are borderline are given the heads-up on PRNC, particularly if they've put on weight after passing the initial medical.

Mk94

Midshipman
Thought i’d Give an update. After a year of hard graft and determination I was able to rejoin basic training (after a hell of a application process!) at Raleigh on the 21st of Jan. I passed-out of training a week ago (Good Friday) and after Easter leave will start AET training.

Just to show that if you want it bad enough you’ll go get it.

Thanks for all the support, especially from @Ninja_Stoker and @Sumo

- Matt

clonmel

Lantern Swinger
Thought i’d Give an update. After a year of hard graft and determination I was able to rejoin basic training (after a hell of a application process!) at Raleigh on the 21st of Jan. I passed-out of training a week ago (Good Friday) and after Easter leave will start AET training.

- Matt

Bloody well done, if at first you don't succeed, then try and try again!!!

Good luck on your AET trg.

Anchor Faced

Lantern Swinger

- Matt

BZ

Waspie

War Hero
Hat off to you for recognising your shortfall and having the bollocks to come on here and admit it.
Its a hard world and sadly you have learned lesson one.
Good luck on you phys, and now you know where the bar is you can train to not only reach it but to clear it by a good margin.
And all you wannabe's out there. Take heed and learn!!!!