Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something to bear in mind for Raleigh

Mk94

Midshipman
Hi all,

Having only completed 3 days at HMS Raleigh I have been temporarily medically discharged on the grounds that I failed to reach the required time for the RNFT (11:31) , along with my BMI being 28.5 (threshold his 28).

It's no fault but my own and I fully accept this. I just wanted to make anyone else going through the process aware!

Having said that, if i had weighed a mere 2kg less on the day the BMI tests were conducted I would still be at Raleigh but on a tier 2 warning and on the remedial process (you have to complete the rnft again at the start of week 5).

Moving forward I am to complete a diary to record weight loss and fitness improvement over the next 6 months- not ideal but it's what is required for re-entry.

Oh and I nearly forgot to mention they use you as a pin cushion if you don't have your vaccinations up to date- made the run even more enjoyable!

:eek:

Stirlin

War Hero
Hi all,

Having only completed 3 days at HMS Raleigh I have been temporarily medically discharged on the grounds that I failed to reach the required time for the RNFT (11:31) , along with my BMI being 28.5 (threshold his 28).

It's no fault but my own and I fully accept this. I just wanted to make anyone else going through the process aware!

Having said that, if i had weighed a mere 2kg less on the day the BMI tests were conducted I would still be at Raleigh but on a tier 2 warning and on the remedial process (you have to complete the rnft again at the start of week 5).

Moving forward I am to complete a diary to record weight loss and fitness improvement over the next 6 months- not ideal but it's what is required for re-entry.

Oh and I nearly forgot to mention they use you as a pin cushion if you don't have your vaccinations up to date- made the run even more enjoyable!

:eek:
PPPPPP.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Well, at least (on the positive side) you are man enough to come on here to warn others.

But, by your own admission, it is nobody's fault but your own. Just how long did you have to prepare for this VERY important event? One year? Two? Plus, it is more than likely that you have deprived somebody else who was not a gym dodging lardyass of a place.

Once you have joined up, ask where in the RN dictionary 'sympathy' falls.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Were you aware, prior to joining Raleigh that your BMI needed to be under 28?

Generally those who are borderline are given the heads-up on PRNC, particularly if they've put on weight after passing the initial medical.

Mk94

Midshipman
Thought i’d Give an update. After a year of hard graft and determination I was able to rejoin basic training (after a hell of a application process!) at Raleigh on the 21st of Jan. I passed-out of training a week ago (Good Friday) and after Easter leave will start AET training.

Just to show that if you want it bad enough you’ll go get it.

Thanks for all the support, especially from @Ninja_Stoker and @Sumo

- Matt

clonmel

Lantern Swinger
Thought i’d Give an update. After a year of hard graft and determination I was able to rejoin basic training (after a hell of a application process!) at Raleigh on the 21st of Jan. I passed-out of training a week ago (Good Friday) and after Easter leave will start AET training.

- Matt

Bloody well done, if at first you don't succeed, then try and try again!!!

Good luck on your AET trg.

Anchor Faced

Lantern Swinger

- Matt

BZ

Waspie

War Hero
Hat off to you for recognising your shortfall and having the bollocks to come on here and admit it.
Its a hard world and sadly you have learned lesson one.
Good luck on you phys, and now you know where the bar is you can train to not only reach it but to clear it by a good margin.
And all you wannabe's out there. Take heed and learn!!!!

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
As I said last time, BZ for coming on here originally and BZ again for getting your (lardy)arse into gear!

Just a pity you're a Wafu...........

huwshpis

War Hero
I believe it falls somewhere between shit and syphilis

That's too easy. If you find my copy sculling around anywhere, it's been written in on the back endpaper, in pencil: "sympathy, n: emotional quality only issued from Naval stores on receipt of S145 countersigned by 1SL and LHA"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Something Interesting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
slim House Purchase something new to be aware of when buying a House Current Affairs 0
A Waiting for something to happen after PJFT! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Kiwi33 Re Join question. Failed Diver trying something different. Joining the Royal Navy 2
themuddyduck Security and DBS checks - Am I missing something? Joining the Royal Navy 4
skyvet Did I miss something? Diamond Lil's 8
Rodgersthecabinboy Something smells fishey.... Diamond Lil's 0
3 Is this something to worry about? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Scouse_Scribes Journey - you mean how I did something Diamond Lil's 3
stan_the_man Never thought I would post something like this Diamond Lil's 74
N Something to be cheerful about? Current Affairs 5
U Has something just happened to HDT travel expenses? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 33
L Forgot to declare something! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
MG Maniac Just for the Woo's Something for the weekend???? The Fleet Air Arm 2
N Video games or something else? Diamond Lil's 4
O Get something free! The Quarterdeck 0
janner Something for the weekend Miscellaneous 0
northern-matelot Something not quite right... The Quarterdeck 21
bigglesbandicoot There are something even I wont do (Sibling Sex) Diamond Lil's 17
C I need to know something Health & Fitness 32
NotmeChief Something amiss? Diamond Lil's 1
golden_rivet er ... am I missing something ...? Current Affairs 18
2_deck_dash Generic plastic tubs or something similar. The Gash Barge 34
sussex2 Gulp! or something like that.... Diamond Lil's 13
Stirling Now tell us something we don't know. Diamond Lil's 6
Ja5on I think there is something wrong with me The Quarterdeck 18
Waspie Learned something today History 20
Nails How to get something free from a store The Gash Barge 34
_Tim_ This is something that's had me thinking Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 77
T Something to keep Blobbs and Pongoshagger aroused..... Diamond Lil's 7
J.J. 22 Years - Did I Miss Something? Current Affairs 1
sgtpepperband Something Smells.... Diamond Lil's 12
T Just applied, how long to hear something? The Corps 9
NZ_Bootneck Something for the Ladies The Gash Barge 9
sgtpepperband What to wear when your wife wants you to do something... The Gash Barge 13
rosinacarley Is there something in the water today? The Gash Barge 65
brazenhussy Name Something associated with a pub Diamond Lil's 81
N Something for us old Bomber Queens !! Submariners 19
H Something about tits, I think.... The Gash Barge 29
Lingyai There's something about Miriam Diamond Lil's 13
N Something special when you get a gong! Site Issues 10
T Hey, Im scared about something. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
S Something for the weekend..... Diamond Lil's 12
fishmiester Did I miss something?? Diamond Lil's 14
S Something you have never done on a submarine. Submariners 3
GCYZ Royal Navy Quiz-Something a bit Strange? The Fleet 5
MoD_RSS Defra food waste initiatives bear fruit MoD News 0