Someone needs to screw the head

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am not surprised. Some ******** with a bit of power no doubt.

2. My "Crabfat" boss told one of the CPL's to remove his today at work. The same CPL that has spent months in hospital after being hit by a rocket in Basra.

Glad i'm leaving idiots like that behind.

3. Everyone knows it is not uniform but somewhere along the line you would think that these small minded jobsworths after considering what the band represents might be able to think outside the box and make the correct decision.

4. Wouldn't have happened in your day, would it Fink?

5. I have to say that during my long service the number of bad officers I came across could be counted on one hand, having said that I assume that it was some pompous prick of an officer that made them remove the wristbands.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

'Nuff said... :roll:

7. Well SPB I think we can safely presuppose it was not a Bootie JNCO/SNCO.

8. Think this one comes under ''uniform'' all wear them or no-one wears them. Especially for formal occasions .

:nemo: :nemo:

9. ..could have been a crusher...don't assume anything when they are about! :salut: :silent:

10. sgtpepperband

...apart from Damage Control States! 8O :lol:

11. ....State one, condition Alpha!!!!!!...hello Sgt!! :bow:

12. sgtpepperband

Nah, State One Condition Zulu Alpha - always keep her airtight... :wink:

13. ...NBCD?...didn't know you had that fed into your cassette? :thumright:

PS...you home now?

14. sgtpepperband

Stripey: We have USB drives installed in the back of our heads now - cassettes are SOOO '80s you know!

And as for my whereabouts I cannot divulge that information... but I have been in the PT and Mucky Duck in the last 7 days! 8O :oops: :thumright:

15. Getting back on topic, wearing of these wristbands whilst in uniform is totally superfluous, as well as being contrary to all the forces dress regulations (even the crabs). If you allow these to be worn, where do you draw the line? Which wristbands can and cannot be worn? And ribbons - there are a multitude of those little ribbon things. Which ones can we wear? and how many? and why can you wear one for, say, Breast Cancer, but I can't wear one for AIDS?

More importantly, isn't this just another case of the Stun 'Supporting Our Boys' whilst also having a dig at the forces with a story that has no evidence of truth?

16. You can't win really, you don't enforce the dress regs and you are wrong, you enforce them and you are still wrong.

I would with respect suggest that whilst in uniform it is unlikely that people would expect you not to support charities such as Help for Heros, the time you need to be demonstratiing your allegiance to your fellow servicemen is when you are out in civies.

17. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Neatly summed up.

According to our tame marine it was the CO of the unit who made the decision that the occasion was a formal one and therefore brightly coloured bangles were not appropriate. Its his train set after all, but there will always be some chippy individual prepared to sell the story. What price unit loyalty? We all have drips but we keep them in house. Not terribly clever reporting by the Sun in my view because guess who are this morning's heroes? Yes the Poole canoe club commandoes.......

18. All well and good but interesting to note that the windsor boys wear theirs when in rig which only serves to add fuel to the fire.

19. Of course charity wristbands should be worn with Nos 1s for formal occasions like Service funerals, as should chunky Rolexes, finger bling and coloured hankies. I'm even thinking of producing a tasteful range of charity headbands, necklaces and lapel badges so they can be worn too. :roll:

For goodness sake (and that's putting it mildly), ceremonial uniform with medals says all that needs to be said. It always has and it always will. Does anyone seriously believe that any uniformed serviceman/woman not wearing a wristband doesn't support H4H?