some thing about Royal Navy Commando

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Please don't tell me you wish to become a commissioned officer in the RN.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
How difficult can this be?

- Ratings or Officers can apply to do the AACC
- Typically, you have to be going to, or have a near expectation of going to a job which requires AACC
- Afterwards you can wear your green lid, in the shower, on the parade square, in Tescos, whilst mincing about making calls on your mobile, or in your pit!
- Having passed, stress passed, AACC, you will be badged 'Royal Navy Commando'
- Having passed AACC you will be still be a matelot, you will look like a matelot, bimble like one and get paid like one.....

- Some jobs that 'require' or 'encourage' it - some elements of the diving fraternity, some elements of the Junglie squadrons (aircrew & maintainers), some Docs/Dentists, MAs and MET/HM attached to 3Cde X, those attached to 148 Bty FOO, E(TM)s and Combat Camera Crews (honest they exist), some personnel on the LPDs (to assist with Landing Ops)

- Google is your friend, honest....

helloboy03187

Midshipman
How difficult can this be?

- Ratings or Officers can apply to do the AACC
- Typically, you have to be going to, or have a near expectation of going to a job which requires AACC
- Afterwards you can wear your green lid, in the shower, on the parade square, in Tescos, whilst mincing about making calls on your mobile, or in your pit!
- Having passed, stress passed, AACC, you will be badged 'Royal Navy Commando'
- Having passed AACC you will be still be a matelot, you will look like a matelot, bimble like one and get paid like one.....

- Some jobs that 'require' or 'encourage' it - some elements of the diving fraternity, some elements of the Junglie squadrons (aircrew & maintainers), some Docs/Dentists, MAs and MET/HM attached to 3Cde X, those attached to 148 Bty FOO, E(TM)s and Combat Camera Crews (honest they exist), some personnel on the LPDs (to assist with Landing Ops)

- Google is your friend, honest....
thank you so much ,it does help me. i did try google royal navy commando but it gave me the imformation about ww2....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Sorry, this thread makes my brain hurt. The OP is clearly madder than General Melchett and unable to string a coherent sentence together.

Desist in encouraging him, with any luck he'll go away.

Gash Barge.

Subsunk

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
I want to join the RN when I finish my final year in my uni , just interested in the Royal Navy Commando , I saw the officer with the greed beret and RN badge with 'Royal Navy Commando' shoulder patch on the RN website , but i cant find that in career, just thinking which role i need to apply?:sleepy5:
You're reading for a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering? Seriously?

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hellboy.

Stop reporting posts. I have seen nothing yet that requires that kind of action. If you're intending to join the RN, i suggest you man the fuck up.

Last edited:

Taffd

Lantern Swinger
I belong to the school of thought that considers that there is such a thing as a stupid question. This thread appears to support the notion, with the evidence suggesting that one person is capable of several.

Alternatively, they could be apparently sensible questions from an immensely stupid person.

Latest Threads