Some of our own need help

Discussion in 'Charity' started by oldbaldy, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy Badgeman Moderator

Might seem strange putting this in here but it will no doubt reach a wider audience.

Over on arrse some guys are trying to help arrange holidays in Spain for guys injured and their families.
    The accommodation is in villas & apartments, the weeks are donated by their owners and co-ordinated by Spanish Dave, you can read about it here:
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=80519/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

The flights to Spain are being looked after by that well known pervert minister_doh_nut.
    You can read about it here:
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=88221/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

Some families from 40 Commando are in the process of being helped, if anyone can chip in a few quid to assist they can do so here:
    http://www.helpthemout.co.uk/

2. oldbaldy

From a RM wife who has been assisted by Pongos when her hubbie was under the care of Headley Court:

I hope you have more pride than let Pongos look after yours:
    http://www.helpthemout.co.uk/

3. oldbaldy

4. oldbaldy

5. Why Spain
    What is wrong with a damn good week in Harrogate, Scarborough, Blackpool Edinburgh or the Smoke just like NORMAL UK subjects

Then the cash saved on airfares can be used to send more on a "holiday"

6. With dirt cheap air fair prices via Easy Jet and Ryan Air, coupled with rip of Britain, it's cheaper to go abroad. Plus the weather here is Shite , just like Blackpool !

7. oldbaldy

Normal people?

8. oldbaldy

OK Jack.

You find us FREE accommodation of a comparable standard & I am sure the chaps from 40 Cdo we have helped would love a holiday in the UK as well.
    Perhaps you could also pop down to Headley Court & tell them why they don't deserve a bit of relaxation in the sun rather than being blown up in the sun.

9. I like the Jack bit - suits you sir. However I'm sure there are some here that would love a wet patch. :thanks:

10. I find it unbelievable that the government that is sending us out there in the first place is doing so little, and it's being left up to so many goodeggs to sort it off of their own backs. Totally un-fecking-believable! We're out there soon, and I'm worried more now for my wife and kids than I am for myself if the worst happens and I become the injured bootie. Whitehall needs some serious petitioning to get this squared away, maybe a few of the on-side tabloids could make this happen??

11. So what exactly have you done to help out those in need then? Or are you one of those whinging tossers who likes to carp from the sidelines while doing nothing?

12. oldbaldy

Petitions do nothing except enable the government to kick it into the long grass. Tabloids only go for sexy things, injured troops are not sexy.
    I hope you stay safe over there & do not need either Selly Oak or Headley Court but in the mean time tell your oppos who are serving about what we are trying to do.

13. Stay safe mate - we do not have time for MP's & Generals to get their act together.

14. To those still serving I've been out 8 months believe me when I tell you this - lots of people say lovely things to you about how good you are and what a valuable commodity ex service people are - reality most civvies really don't give a toss for who you are or were youv'e served except when they need a dit when ther'e pissed in the pub.
    Not bitter and twisted yet, just getting a VERY big wake-up call.
    To those helping the veterans of all services you have my heartfelt gratitude. MPs and Senior Officers - forget them even Westie sold his soul to the Labour Party.

15. oldbaldy

16. And further outrageous attention-seeking money-begging ...

17. Will do olbaldy - just glad there's people like you out there doing the governments job and not blowing your trumpet! Seriously m8 - u deserve an honour for this sort or work, though you would probably have to make a substantial donation to the election effort.