Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg

War Hero
:twisted:

Civvie clothes at RALEIGH:

Will the clothes on my back suffice?

Trainers:
The PTI at the RPC/RNAC told us we should take our own trainers, as we were allowed to do our runs in them. However, someone currently in phase 1 told me not to. Who should I believe here?

If you don't fancy answering with a serious respons, don't bother answering at all. It's only wasting your own time and I'm not phased by it anymore.

Zoidberg

War Hero
djcopio said:
I was intending to take trainers, and I'm intending to only go with one set of civ rig.
1 set of civvies it is then. However, I've packed all my kit already, to make sure I can fit it in my bag. It all goes in, bar the trainers- if we ain't allowed to use them, I'm not taking them :wink:

tommo

War Hero
When I joined in the 90's we took our own pair and was issued a pair.

I was issued a pair of white Pony's (old skool) for PT, whilst others got green ninja's or Hi-Tech Silver Shadow's

Our own pair was used for sports outside including the 5 mile run. Otherwise it was issued shoes for PT

As for civi's I can't remember, but I took a few civi's clothes. Not a lot but a few

lonestar

War Hero
They still issue Silver Shadows, some people can cope fine with them, if you have any issues with knees, shins feet etc. I would recommend taking the trainers you are used to so you can use them wherever possible. Silver Shadows are useless at supporting anything, why they are still about is anyone's guess.

mrbullcrap

Lantern Swinger
I'm in a strange mood so i'll offer you advice just this one time,
you want to be a knob don't take your trainers
but if you have any common sense you'll take your own trainers, i only say that coz you are risking failing a kit muster by not providing the required kit that would be asked for you to provide during one of your (lol) kit musters, some divisions ask that you put your trainers in your lockers others don't
you can take my advice, but i don't really care

Zoidberg

War Hero
mrbullcrap said:
failing a kit muster by not providing the required kit that would be asked for you to provide during one of your (lol) kit musters,
Apparently:

lonestar said:
They still issue Silver Shadows.
So if I don't have the required kit, they'd be to blame, not me.

Thanks for the replies, fellas. Looks like I'll be finding a better way to pack my bag.

tuts

Lantern Swinger
Haggis_Catcher said:
you might aswell run in bare feet than silver shadows so defo take your own running shoes.
What on earth are 'silver shadows'? ZB wear these they sound a laugh.

Zoidberg

War Hero
Haggis_Catcher said:
vacuum pack your stuff and just take a carrier bag.
My dad has a vacuum packer for food. I might actually do that with some stuff when I go down there...

tuts said:
Worst. Trainers. Ever. They cost about £12 and wreck your legs.

tommo

War Hero
They are still better than the white daps I was issued. However my Pony's are old skool and I wear mine out still today lol

lonestar

War Hero
Haggis Catcher ya big picture posting screen stretching fecker!

And yes, that is the footwear equivalent of polystyrene protecting your feet and indeed your entire lower limbs from the pounding on the concrete!

X.R.D

War Hero
Zoidberg said:
Haggis_Catcher said:
vacuum pack your stuff and just take a carrier bag.
My dad has a vacuum packer for food. I might actually do that with some stuff when I go down there...

tuts said:
Worst. Trainers. Ever. They cost about £12 and wreck your legs.
Still better than running in boots though!! :roll:

tuts

Lantern Swinger
I may be showing my age here, but they don't look 'that' bad!

12 quid? Hmm, take your own ZB.

X.R.D

War Hero
tuts said:
I may be showing my age here, but they don't look 'that' bad!

12 quid? Hmm, take your own ZB.
They are fine although they dont fall into the asics gel category which i've used for donkies. if asics were issued then the MOD would indeed be more bankrupt than they are already!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS More than 4,000 extra police officers to fight crime as recruitment continues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic carrier bag sales slashed by more than 95% since 5p charge introduced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More businesses set to benefit from government loan scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England to build more inclusive industry that meets the needs of diverse communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue to rise with 13,502 more than last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pay rises for doctors, police and more in the public sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Building a greener, more resilient global economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 10,000 fish released into the Great Ouse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual publishes more details on appeals and confirms autumn exam arrangements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More firms can now benefit from the Future Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Universities can bid for more healthcare course places MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £22 million emergency coronavirus funding for more than 540 sexual violence and domestic abuse charities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hot weather warning issued to people shielding and more vulnerable groups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Kuwaitis studying in the UK than ever before: op-ed by Michael Davenport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Groceries sector more competitive after seven years of GCA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government provides further halt to business evictions and more support for high street firms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Returning students given more time to apply for student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England contracts Vistry Partnerships to develop more than 900 homes across two schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Primary schools to be given flexibility to bring back more pupils MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More face-to-face hearings as additional courts reopen across Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government invests £10 million to help make future technologies more secure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More face-to-face hearings as courts reopen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 17,000 helped to get home from across Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK deals will bring millions more PPE items to frontline healthcare staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to bring home more British travellers from Central and South America MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More inquiries and hearings to be held virtually in June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £1million funding creates jobs and helps communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government significantly boosts UK PPE supply with more than 100 new deals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More charter flights to get Britons home from West Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government announces three more charter flights for British travellers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 3.5 million applications to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Site visits to recommence and more digital case events planned MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions more items of PPE for frontline staff from new business partnerships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces more flights to bring stranded Brits home from India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to steer more women away from crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 3,000 extra officers join police in recruitment drive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More flights for Brits stranded across South America MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces 5 more flights from Bangladesh to bring home over a thousand Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces 9 more charter flights from Pakistan to return thousands of stranded Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Britons to return from Nigeria on UK charter flights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands more Britons to return to UK on new India charter flights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK set to bring home hundreds more British travellers from across the Philippines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to extend testing for coronavirus to more frontline workers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 17 more charter flights from India to return thousands of stranded Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS India charter flights to return thousands more stranded Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Government partnership with airlines to fly back more tourists stranded abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Find out more about Essex flood alleviation scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Criminals made to pay more to fund victim support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safeguarding system needs to do more to protect teens and infants from abuse and neglect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions more homes to be powered by renewables MoD News 0