Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some information about a knee injiry

Hi. I'm currently joining as an officer and I have a query to ask. Its a long story but I'll be short and sweet. I had my medical test 2 months ago, and the doctor wanted some more info about a knee injury I had last year. He sent away for the documents in late beginning of November and they were shipped off to him last Monday. My knee injury was inflammation around the joint. I haven't had a problem with it since, but the doctor said that I may have to wait till march next year to do my PJFT. So to get straight to the point. Is there a chance I will have to wait. If so could I still make the May intake to BRNC?. That is If I pass the interview and the AIB. If I don't what will be the timescale to do my PJFT will it be this year on January next year?.

Many thanks.

Speckled Jim

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
If you have to wait until March to be fully 12 months clear of an injury or recurrence, then completing the PJFT, Sift & AIB in time to make selection by May is cutting it extremely fine.

The service is risk averse with regard lower limb injuries & my guess is the Doc has already signalled the likely outcome.

Ninja_Stoker.

Thank you for the reply. Normally, what would be the timescales for the sift and the AIB after completing the PJFT?. Is it a month in-between or does it vary due to location and/or number of applicants?.

Thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It does vary, but a month between each is "average".

It maybe worth giving your AFCO a bell, to check viability with the ACLO, of a May entry. My gut feeling is it's possible but not probable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS A new approach to information warfare: @HutEighteen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hauliers get border-ready with 45 new information and advice sites MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New digital case management system delivers centralised access to criminal case information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 4/2020: Council Tax information letter – 5 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint VMD and VPC open information day - 18 November MoD News 0
H Information needed. Submariners 2
K Please help with Interview and Training information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Providing rental information for Revaluation 2023 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Information Campaign to Help Brits Prepare for EU Travel Changes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC appoints Chief Digital and Information Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information leaflets published for prisoners & families MoD News 0
G Technician (Weapon Engineering) Communications Information Systems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS The IAGCI invites tenders to evaluate the UK Home Office Country Information Products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exploring the barriers to information sharing for direct care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Information campaign to support UK nationals in Greece MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency appeals for information on abandoned trailers in Bromsgrove MoD News 0
BreechSpike Bridge fittings? Electronicy thingys? Any information on thease? Miscellaneous 6
BreechSpike Bridge fittings? Electronicy thingys? Any information on thease? Hobbies & The Great Indoors 1
MoD_RSS eAlert: 27 May 2020 - Additional Woodland Carbon Guarantee auction information MoD News 0
F Looking for information about Grandads pre-war ship service record... Can anyone help? History 13
MoD_RSS Taiwan travel during coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information about available flights and routes MoD News 0
K Our search for information The Fleet Air Arm 16
MoD_RSS Overview of scientific information on coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
D Information on RFA Cadet Officer (Deck) course RFA 6
MoD_RSS Information for Help to Buy: Equity Loan customers during Coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exchanging information during UK-US trade agreement negotiations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 3/2020: Council Tax information letter – 16 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement on safety of journalists and access to information during the COVID-19 crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information for British nationals departing India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important Information Regarding COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government cracks down on spread of false coronavirus information online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Survey and Inspection information update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Ship Register Information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Changes to the law in Northern Ireland: updated information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information for British Nationals departing Argentina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 Guidance: Information for NI Businesses & Employers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Survey and inspection information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Seafarer coronavirus information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next stage of expanded coronavirus (COVID-19) public information campaign launches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated media guidance will ensure easier access to court information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flybe: information for employees, passengers and suppliers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public information campaign focuses on handwashing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: Inspection of Country of Origin Information, June 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus public information campaign launched across the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Information on Citizens' Rights MoD News 1
MoD_RSS 2/2020: Council Tax information letter – 24 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Council Tax information letter: 14 January 2020 MoD News 0
W Information re HM Submarines 1940-60 Social & Reunions 4