Some information about a knee injiry

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by speckledjim, Nov 23, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. I'm currently joining as an officer and I have a query to ask. Its a long story but I'll be short and sweet. I had my medical test 2 months ago, and the doctor wanted some more info about a knee injury I had last year. He sent away for the documents in late beginning of November and they were shipped off to him last Monday. My knee injury was inflammation around the joint. I haven't had a problem with it since, but the doctor said that I may have to wait till march next year to do my PJFT. So to get straight to the point. Is there a chance I will have to wait. If so could I still make the May intake to BRNC?. That is If I pass the interview and the AIB. If I don't what will be the timescale to do my PJFT will it be this year on January next year?.

Many thanks.

Speckled Jim
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you have to wait until March to be fully 12 months clear of an injury or recurrence, then completing the PJFT, Sift & AIB in time to make selection by May is cutting it extremely fine.

The service is risk averse with regard lower limb injuries & my guess is the Doc has already signalled the likely outcome.
  3. Ninja_Stoker.

Thank you for the reply. Normally, what would be the timescales for the sift and the AIB after completing the PJFT?. Is it a month in-between or does it vary due to location and/or number of applicants?.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It does vary, but a month between each is "average".

It maybe worth giving your AFCO a bell, to check viability with the ACLO, of a May entry. My gut feeling is it's possible but not probable.
  5. Ninja_stoker

Thank you for the reply. I hope I wasn't to much of a bother for a Monday morning.

Speckled Jim.
    • Like Like x 1