Soldier refusing to return to Afghanistan

Aldis

Lantern Swinger
I try to keep my posts to information and guidance but since I’m currently ringbolted I thought I’d say a few things:

1. Thanks to the MODs for removing all the references to “Affersâ€, “Irrers†and “Lennysâ€. This sort of immature matelot humour only distracts from the serious image that we need to project to the public.

2. It is clearly inappropriate to refer to L/Cpl Fckwit’s decision not to return to Afghanistan as it is sub judice. He will either be awarded 8 months DQs and a DD for being a self- serving slimy slice of slug snot (I love alliteration) or the VC for his brave defence of the right-on woolly minded PC bollox that is every right-minded UK citizen in the 21st Century. We must respect the final decision.

3. There has been much enlightened comment on the case. I can only observe the following:
a. If you have never been in then you are probably talking sh1t;
b. If you are about to join then you are still talking sh1t;
c. If you are in but haven’t been there then you are lucky;
d. If you have been there and want to go again then you need your lumps feeling.

Topstop

War Hero
Aldis said:
I try to keep my posts to information and guidance but since I’m currently ringbolted I thought I’d say a few things:

1. Thanks to the MODs for removing all the references to “Affersâ€, “Irrers†and “Lennysâ€. This sort of immature matelot humour only distracts from the serious image that we need to project to the public.

2. It is clearly inappropriate to refer to L/Cpl Fckwit’s decision not to return to Afghanistan as it is sub judice. He will either be awarded 8 months DQs and a DD for being a self- serving slimy slice of slug snot (I love alliteration) or the VC for his brave defence of the right-on woolly minded PC bollox that is every right-minded UK citizen in the 21st Century. We must respect the final decision.

3. There has been much enlightened comment on the case. I can only observe the following:
a. If you have never been in then you are probably talking sh1t;
b. If you are about to join then you are still talking sh1t;
c. If you are in but haven’t been there then you are lucky;
d. If you have been there and want to go again then you need your lumps feeling.

Only if you are female. :)

Surely the expresion is " Bumps felt"?

Aldis

Lantern Swinger
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
Aldis said:

I'd like you to explain that comment, I know plenty of people willing to go back, it's your duty and there's a job to be done.

I'm willing to go back as it is my duty and there is a job to be done but "willing to go" and "wanting to go" ain't the same thing.

slim

War Hero
Aldis said:
Aldis said:

I'd like you to explain that comment, I know plenty of people willing to go back, it's your duty and there's a job to be done.

I'm willing to go back as it is my duty and there is a job to be done but "willing to go" and "wanting to go" ain't the same thing.

I am sure that a great many of our service personnel are in agreement with you on this one.
Why is it that we can invade Afghanistan to give the people democracy when we cannot do the same for the people of Zimbabwe :oops:

Aldis

Lantern Swinger
slim said:
Why is it that we can invade Afghanistan to give the people democracy when we cannot do the same for the people of Zimbabwe :oops:

We broke Afghanistan. Mugabe broke Zimbabwe.

slim

War Hero
Aldis said:
slim said:

We broke Afghanistan[/b]. Mugabe broke Zimbabwe.

How did we break Afghanistan?
We certainly assisted in breaking Zimbabwe by allowing a despot like Magabe to take democracy away from the people

Aldis said:
Aldis said:

Well I still disagree, there are plenty of people who WANT to go back, as you put it. Many have unfinished business.

A

angrydoc

The RAF doctor was Flt Lt Kendall-Smith - if you Google the name you'll get the info.

Regarding this LCpl, my concern is that he is being used by the Stop the War coalition to further their aims. They've changed their tactics recently - the yare now saying they love the Forces so much they want them home so they can't be harmed any more. Quite savvy really - with the media liking us at the mo, it sounds better than Stop the War.