Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soldier refusing to return to Afghanistan

SkullFuct

Banned
witsend said:
If this joker skips into the sunset without being punished, it sets a dangerous precedent. If he does, I look forward to hearing "harbour stations" walking off the boat, citing a few near misses over the last few years! :roll:

Well a RAF doctor got 8 months in jail so he'll prolly get something similar.

Seadog, what're you going on about :scratch:
 

alacrity174

War Hero
Seadog

Shippers, there's a reason I joined pusser and not the brown jobs, simply put did not want to do their jobs. To be fair when we had Perce on for jollies thay said exactly the same to us. However if you join up, take the cash and then when it looks like you might have to actually earn the cash you have been paid all those years you cry foul, that is a classic case of shit on your oppo as someone will have to go in your place, so "I'm all right jack" Mr Pongo needs to get trooped pronto.
 
Seadog said:
the poster of many usernames wrote
Smell a yellow belly.

In your experience?

Doubt he'll be the last though.

If you are joining, you may find yourself just as unwilling to 'soldier'. If I were you I STFU until you have been tested.

Oh, now here's a turn up.

Seadog speaks the truth, unless you've actually been there and done that you're not in any fcuking position to comment. You haven't even joined up yet let alone been in conflict.


Yes you're correct in saying that it's bizarre how he waited three years until his deployment came round but you are in absolutely no position to call him a coward, he has an OSM, you don't.

We however, can call the cnut a coward and a tart. Keep your mouth shut until you've been told to go to war.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
SkullFuct said:
witsend said:
If this joker skips into the sunset without being punished, it sets a dangerous precedent. If he does, I look forward to hearing "harbour stations" walking off the boat, citing a few near misses over the last few years! :roll:

Well a RAF doctor got 8 months in jail so he'll prolly get something similar.

Seadog, what're you going on about :scratch:

Got a link to that, I must have missed it in the news, but it sounds like the correct action to deter other jokers.
 

SkullFuct

Banned
Hmm the hostility on this site is nothing short of astounding even if it is glossed in a banter glean.

It's a bit embarrassing. This site is used a lot by new recruits who have no idea about the Navy who are constantly getting ridiculed for asking albeit bone questions. But if bone questions weren't asked what would be the point in holding a forum?
If it weren't for knowing a lot of people in the navy I'd be really put off by both the Armed Forces as a public service and as joining up.

Sure Wits, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4905672.stm
 

Seadog

War Hero
Moderator
Mr Pongo needs to get trooped pronto.

It's in hand according to the linked report A174, hence the restrictions on comment.

A little more culling. We try not to give the press 'soundbites' on the case for tomorrow's papers and anyway, this is Current Affairs.

Monty, we are in agreement and a pig just flew past my window. You have a PM.
 
SkullFuct said:
Hmm the hostility on this site is nothing short of astounding even if it is glossed in a banter glean.

It's a bit embarrassing. This site is used a lot by new recruits who have no idea about the Navy who are constantly getting ridiculed for asking albeit bone questions. But if bone questions weren't asked what would be the point in holding a forum?
If it weren't for knowing a lot of people in the navy I'd be really put off by both the Armed Forces as a public service and as joining up.

Sure Wits, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4905672.stm

Get used to it.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
SkullFuct said:
Hmm the hostility on this site is nothing short of astounding even if it is glossed in a banter glean.

It's a bit embarrassing. This site is used a lot by new recruits who have no idea about the Navy who are constantly getting ridiculed for asking albeit bone questions. But if bone questions weren't asked what would be the point in holding a forum?
If it weren't for knowing a lot of people in the navy I'd be really put off by both the Armed Forces as a public service and as joining up.

Sure Wits, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4905672.stm

Thank for the link. :wink:

As for your comments concerning how "some" of us treat newbies, log off & join up. After a few years service log back on and see what your attitude will be. :roll:
 

Guzzler

War Hero
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
SkullFuct said:
Hmm the hostility on this site is nothing short of astounding even if it is glossed in a banter glean.

It's a bit embarrassing. This site is used a lot by new recruits who have no idea about the Navy who are constantly getting ridiculed for asking albeit bone questions. But if bone questions weren't asked what would be the point in holding a forum?
If it weren't for knowing a lot of people in the navy I'd be really put off by both the Armed Forces as a public service and as joining up.

Sure Wits, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4905672.stm

Get used to it.

I was rather hoping he wouldn't.
 

Zoidberg

War Hero
I'd say different to yours. It seems to me that those that are already serving and get pissed off with the noobs are pissed off because they didn't have a resource like this site and were expected to get on with it. Whereas we-the noobs-do have this site as a resource and utilise it which pisses you lot off.

</pointless paragraph>
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Dr.Zoidberg said:
I'd say different to yours. It seems to me that those that are already serving and get pissed off with the noobs are pissed off because they didn't have a resource like this site and were expected to get on with it. Whereas we-the noobs-do have this site as a resource and utilise it which pisses you lot off.

</pointless paragraph>

Tim, your dribbling over your keyboard now. STEP BACK from the enter key!!!!!
 

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
i feel that this soliders opinion is unjust to a certain degree. i personally feel that if this war was not going on in afghan then the taliban and so forth would be free to run there own state/country..giving more training/recruitment oppertunitys and most probably leading to more 9/11 style attacks.
i find it shocking when you see these anti war protesters stood by servicemens funerals...what can this achieve???
i dont think any of the armed forces get as much support and thanks from the general public, government or do-good anti war protesters....these protesters want to take a step back and look at the wide picture instead of abusing our troops and basically giving the taliban a morale boost ....do something constructive that actually helps the situation

*rant over*
 

lesbryan

War Hero
Be the wrongs or rights of what is happening .he is a serving soldier as such is subject to military discipline and should at least be disgracefully discharged from the service
 

Bergen

ADC
Stunning revelation in his letter to the One-Eyed Porridge Yaffler; he thinks that the Gubbermint is using British Troops to advance US Foreign Policy. Can't wait for his court-martial when we may hear that bears sh*t in the woods and the Pope is a catholic.

RM
 

Aldis

Lantern Swinger
I try to keep my posts to information and guidance but since I’m currently ringbolted I thought I’d say a few things:

1. Thanks to the MODs for removing all the references to “Affersâ€, “Irrers†and “Lennysâ€. This sort of immature matelot humour only distracts from the serious image that we need to project to the public.

2. It is clearly inappropriate to refer to L/Cpl Fckwit’s decision not to return to Afghanistan as it is sub judice. He will either be awarded 8 months DQs and a DD for being a self- serving slimy slice of slug snot (I love alliteration) or the VC for his brave defence of the right-on woolly minded PC bollox that is every right-minded UK citizen in the 21st Century. We must respect the final decision.

3. There has been much enlightened comment on the case. I can only observe the following:
a. If you have never been in then you are probably talking sh1t;
b. If you are about to join then you are still talking sh1t;
c. If you are in but haven’t been there then you are lucky;
d. If you have been there and want to go again then you need your lumps feeling.
 

Topstop

War Hero
Aldis said:
I try to keep my posts to information and guidance but since I’m currently ringbolted I thought I’d say a few things:

1. Thanks to the MODs for removing all the references to “Affersâ€, “Irrers†and “Lennysâ€. This sort of immature matelot humour only distracts from the serious image that we need to project to the public.

2. It is clearly inappropriate to refer to L/Cpl Fckwit’s decision not to return to Afghanistan as it is sub judice. He will either be awarded 8 months DQs and a DD for being a self- serving slimy slice of slug snot (I love alliteration) or the VC for his brave defence of the right-on woolly minded PC bollox that is every right-minded UK citizen in the 21st Century. We must respect the final decision.

3. There has been much enlightened comment on the case. I can only observe the following:
a. If you have never been in then you are probably talking sh1t;
b. If you are about to join then you are still talking sh1t;
c. If you are in but haven’t been there then you are lucky;
d. If you have been there and want to go again then you need your lumps feeling.


Only if you are female. :)

Surely the expresion is " Bumps felt"?
 

Aldis

Lantern Swinger
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
Aldis said:
d. If you have been there and want to go again then you need your lumps feeling.

I'd like you to explain that comment, I know plenty of people willing to go back, it's your duty and there's a job to be done.

I'm willing to go back as it is my duty and there is a job to be done but "willing to go" and "wanting to go" ain't the same thing.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS British Army trains 500th Somali soldier in infantry skills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HOW A CENTURY OLD SPOON LED TO THE MILITARY BURIAL OF AN ESSEX SOLDIER WHO DIED IN THE GREAT WAR MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Burial Service Held on the Western Front for a Soldier of the Essex Regiment and his Comrade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Can you help trace the family of a missing World War 2 soldier? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Can you help trace the family of a missing World War 2 soldier? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Sherwood Forester and an unknown soldier buried 100 years after their deaths in the great war MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Cornish soldier killed during World War 1 is finally laid to rest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Tomorrow’s technology to protect the soldier of today MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World war one Durham light infantry soldier finally given military burial a century after his death MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final resting place of a Yorkshire born WW2 soldier killed in the 'Bridge too... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World War 1 soldier who was killed in the Battle of the Somme finally laid to... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD statement following death of soldier in Iraq MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dismounted soldier research requirements MoD News 2
MoD_RSS Press release: Multi-million pound funding available for soldier research MoD News 0
Stirlin Former York's Regiment soldier facebook comments goes viral. Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS News story: Injured soldier speaks about importance of Covenant support MoD News 0
justadrama soldier to sailor Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 58
C help with info on ww1 soldier History 4
D US soldier kills three... Current Affairs 2
soleil Grimsby T'graph: "Soldier Who Dodged Death Twice Passes On Words Of Wisdom" The Corps 0
soleil ITV: "Soldier Injured In Afghanistan On Poppy Appeal Posters" Charity 2
Topstop Soldier Stabbed in Paris Current Affairs 2
T Mystery of 200-year-old British soldier found in the dunes of Holland Current Affairs 11
MoD_RSS News story: Soldier breaks up bomb-making network MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Soldier braved bullets for shot comrade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Gallantry award for soldier who rescued wounded comrade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Gallantry award for quick-thinking soldier involved in violent ambush MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Oldest gallantry award for stand-out soldier MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Honour for TA soldier who took command after officers were shot MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Queen's Gallantry Medal for courageous bomb disposal soldier MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Private risked life to save fellow soldier MoD News 0
trelawney126 Posthumous VC for Soldier Current Affairs 6
TeddyT Soldier has baby in Afghanistan Current Affairs 59
soleil ITN: "Triple-Amputee Soldier Sets Off To Cycle Britain" The Corps 1
MG Maniac RIP to an Old Soldier gone to "The Green Fields". Current Affairs 12
janner Helpful Soldier Miscellaneous 1
Bad CO Ultimate London sightseeing – soldier style Charity 0
soleil Mail: RM Tracks Down Argentine Soldier Whose Camera He Found In The Falklands The Corps 2
Stirling US soldier on killing spree in Afghanistan. Current Affairs 48
AlisonB2011 How do I write to a soldier? The Quarterdeck 13
soleil Mail: "Soldier Who Lost Legs In Taliban Blast Takes Part In Ultimate Endurance Race" The Corps 2
Ageing_Gracefully The laughing soldier competition Competitions 1
soleil Metro: "Lt Cdr Mike Jones-Thompson - The Last British Soldier Left In Basra" Bases / Shore Est 5
P The soldier and the nun! Miscellaneous 0
Ageing_Gracefully The Laughing Soldier - squaddie humour jokebook Charity 0
soleil BBC: "The Unknown Soldier's Journey From Trench To Tomb" Current Affairs 1
soleil T'grph: Britain's Top Soldier Says Al-Qaeda Cannot Be Beaten Current Affairs 25
B Special Constable Jailed For Assaulting Soldier Current Affairs 5
superpom Veteran Sailor, Soldier Airman...does it really matter? Current Affairs 0
Merlin28 Soldier's VC to be auctioned with cannonball Current Affairs 1
Similar threads


















































Top