Software upgrade done this morning - any errors here please / Blog removed

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good CO, Apr 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I did a minor software upgrade this morning. They're normally not a problem but if you notice any problems please post them here.

As part of the upgrade I removed the blogs which, like ARRSE, were just becoming a spam magnet and a place to post forum threads by mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have you had a chance yet to have a look at the DII(F)/ Rum Ration issue previously posted by a couple of us? It's odd because Arrse is OK but try reading a RR thread and IE freezes completely!

3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

LIKES is bust.

• Like Like x 2
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Go to latest unread post isn't working for me and post don't gray out when read

5. got the same problem as SJRM here, and another RRer told me they are having similar problems.

6. Last 50 tells me that there are 3 or 4 pages but, when i click on page 2 for instance it always comes up as "sorr y no matches?"

7. We have just tried the site on an Army DII laptop and all is well, if dog slow. Unfortunately that makes it quite hard to bug fix!

The only difference that I can think of that would cause browser crashes / freezes is the chat bar thing. I've turned that off - can you tell me if that fixes the issue?

8. I'm operating on a DII laptop without too many issues.... apart from being incredibly slow but I think that is DII's problem

9. Good spot - now sorted.

10. In order to engage people in intellectual conversation via the medium of Private Messages (drawing cock pictures and sending them to Blackrat), where do I go?

The bar at the bottom of the screen with 'Who is online' etc is no longer on my screen (netbook running Google Chrome).

11. See post above re DII/Chatbar! Looks like we'll have to find an alternative given the important of DII

12. Great. Thanks for letting me know.

13. What Cúnt said, same for me at home on a PC and at work on pussers workstation (not Dii).

14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Same as **** and Wrecker here. I've not received any childish drawings in ages.

15. Mmmm.... don't think I was clear as the answer would be the same one **** got. I turned off the chat bar to see if it would cure the DII problem, so it is not going to be there at all on any computer. This has cured the DII issue so we will need to get a new chat package.

16. Same answer

17. Possible problem with Merge:

"You have not specified a valid URL for the thread that you want to merge. Please check that the URL includes a valid thread id, "t=xxx" or postid, "p=xxx" (where xxx is a number), and is not a redirect."

18. Still got problem with "Likes" ... doesn't seem to work for me! Also runnign very slow with "Waiting for website" message displayed waiting to refresh / open a page.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Another nitpick - the 'First Unread Post' button returns not the first unread post but the post at the head of the page containing it.

20. Can you post a link to a page where this happens please?