'Sod Off Britain'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by NotmeChief, Jan 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

No biggy.

2. You've given it an interesting interpretation. I expect you could get job with a number of popular newspapers and some not so popular political organisations. [​IMG]

3. "Oh dear, how sad, what a shame........never mind!

4. Oh well. Just a nation moving on really. If it was a case of them just wanting to sever all historical connection to us then Id say **** em and they can jog on if they ever need foreign aid....... but reading the article its just that they want uniformity so I wont

5. Trinko was one of the few places used by the RN for bases that I never pitched up in.
    From reports I heard it wasn't a bad run ashore .
    Apart from the obvious what was it like?cheap,decent sights,beaches good I reckon.
    Shame I missed it,being past it plenty times but any ship I was on never stopped.

6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

It's name in English is still Ceylon though. Like Sweden, Norway and all the other countries that call themselves something different.

7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Not what the article says, not what the change means. We still have diplomatic relations with Sri Lanka.

Of NotmeChief's analysis of the news article POL wrote

[my italics.]

Very diplomatic of you.

8. It would appear they would like a tad less to do with us too. All for the good really a win win situation for both party's it's high time we moved on. :)

9. Until some aid or flood relief is needed ,but there is no change there in anycase.Anyway they can all SOD OFF for me

10. We are not an empire nor a world power, and haven't been for a long time. Seems to me that if we have moved on then it is only fair to assume others will as well.

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

lesbryan wrote

[​IMG]

There are some Sun reading pointyheads with access to computers.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

13. Fcuk me it must be a new year it's the first time I've agreed with seadog on something 8O .

14. Outrage bus fail!
    [​IMG]

15. Regarding this 'new' name:

16. Like "Albion?" :)

17. That's the spirit, we love input from the Virginia's.
    Such a forwards colony :D :wink:

18. Virginia's??? Much too far north for my taste. Give me those smokey mountains in NE "Jawjuh" (near to where the film Deliverance was made).