Sod Being on HMS Cornwall......

slim

War Hero
Wouldn't mind the gaped billets if they'd been doing something useful like running at Earls Court for the Field Gun Crew.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
spoke to Mrs SF on the phone last night and she said

"bet you're glad you're not on the Cornwall"

"why" says I

"cos all your kit's at home!!!!"

WAH'd by a civvie.... the unbearable shame

silverfox said:

"why" says I

Shocking :p

Guns

War Hero
I feel sorry for the 15, now having to run the guantlet of JPA trying to find the right button for "leave, due to circumstances beyond your control" and trying to subnit the LOA claim.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
exjoss said:
Is Alzeheimers taking hold but do I not recall that we were never ON ships, but IN them

For the love of God, and all thats dear....DON"T START THIS AGAIN.....trust me...

(As it happens - I'm with you on this one.....)

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
silverfox said:

"why" says I

And before any wise arse picks me up.... that was reported speech from the lady wife. Who will be taught the error of her ways.

A session of "all 4 corners of the garden GO!!" followed by a few laps of the block with a full grip above her head ought to do it. And then she'll get a shake at 0100, I'll give her a pair of binos and one of the kiddies rubber rings and tell her to get to the end of the drive as she has the long Morning as life buoy spook.......

She'll get the hang of it...

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
on reality? tenuous at best.

Or if you mean the brown Pusser's issue at BRNC - very much so - needs a new zip but otherwise in perfect working orde.

silverfox said:
silverfox said:

"why" says I

And before any wise arse picks me up.... that was reported speech from the lady wife. Who will be taught the error of her ways.

A session of "all 4 corners of the garden GO!!" followed by a few laps of the block with a full grip above her head ought to do it. And then she'll get a shake at 0100, I'll give her a pair of binos and one of the kiddies rubber rings and tell her to get to the end of the drive as she has the long Morning as life buoy spook.......

She'll get the hang of it...
PMSL :lol:

silverfox said:
exjoss said:
Is Alzeheimers taking hold but do I not recall that we were never ON ships, but IN them

For the love of God, and all thats dear....DON"T START THIS AGAIN.....trust me...

(As it happens - I'm with you on this one.....)
and why not then SFox............ surly you can think of more reasons
or did you just give in to my wisdom.... :twisted: :twisted: :D :wink:

I noticed during my time in the Mob 1960/1983 that Officers were "in" ships and Jack was "on" ships. :lol:
Mind you i knew a few Aircrewmen with pretentions who were "in" ships :roll:
RoofRat