Socks

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rikbones, Nov 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm hoping this does't come across as too bone, but i'm off to Raleigh on Sunday, and i've been double checking over my inventory for the kit list. Where it says underwear 7 sets does that mean you have to take your own socks as well? I'm obviously taking some socks to go with my casual wear but do you get issued socks as well? I've used the search facility but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

2. Surely if it's on the kit list it means you need to take it? Or does the list tell you everything you will be supplied?

3. You will get three types of socks:

Socks, White PT.
    Socks, Black Thin.
    Socks, Black Pusser's.

The pusser's ones are awesome and protect you from AIDS and everything, there is only one type of sock better on Earth, but they are very hard to come by and to utter so much as a whisper of their name and they shall vanish for ever in a puff of smoke, they are of course the holy grail of socks: Socks, Cream Thermal, Extreme Cold Weather.

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

May I be the first to remind you to take your "special" sock.

5. I thought the least popular member of your section bought that along for you?

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

No, he cleans it.

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Was grasshopper not bare foot when he done his training? No need for socks, I'm sure you'll meet someone to clean up your mess.

8. Ha! :salute:

9. Thanks mate :)