Sock it to him Jenny

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by scouse, Nov 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. “If Ms Laing supplies me with a postal address I would like to return the £7 to her to donate to a veterans’ charity as she sees fit.”

She gave him £7.20 the thieving twat!

Well done Ms Laing :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  2. A Disgrace?

Was this stunt fair or justified? Former WW2 Telegraphist Tony Chapman published his memoirs this October. If Sir Nick Harvey had not interrupted his holidays to provide a Foreword Tony would have missed his deadline of releasing at the Appledore Book Festival on his 89th Birthday 70 years after an epic engagement with E-Boats in which Tony's small unit of 2 Dog Boats sank 3 E- Boats with heavy casualties among Tony's crew mates. The only neutral area between Tony & Sir Nick is the book as he is staunch UKIP supporter and has had several spats with Sir Nick in the past but Sir Nick put himself out and provided an excellent Foreword in time to print, release and publish. In 2012 Sir Nick apologised unreservedly for the inadvertant expenses claim and made reparation. Read "Warship World "November/December 2012, The North Devon Gazette 20/12/13 & Tony's memoir "the War of the Motor Gun Boats before you make a final judgement on Sir Nick Harvey who according to "Warship World" did "a first class job as Minister for the Armed Forces".
    Tony Martin

3. To be honest if Jack or Jenny had claimed for something untoward on JPA no amount of apologising would prevent them dropping in the poo!

4. quote...Former wren hands Sir Nick Harvey expenses envelope at Remembrance Parade - In 2012 Sir Nick apologised unreservedly for the inadvertant expenses claim and made reparation. ...think I have heard that old excuse a few times before, from a shed load of other MPs and Lords etc... Doesn't wash with me....as I no longer believe in the tooth fairy or Santa Claus:sad7:

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's so easy to say sorry once you've been caught!

If it was that easy Harold Shipman would still be dishing out aspirins!