Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Social media at Raleigh

PUP545

Midshipman
I was wondering whether anyone knows if it’s possible to use social media sites like Snapchat and Instagram to talk to family/friends in foreign countries? (It would be easier to use these rather than phoning/texting as the costs of calls overseas would be very large).
Cheers

Once you have your Pre-entry Brief and receive your Joining instructions prior to entry you will see that they do state that the use of all social media at HMS Raleigh is not allowed. As stated above you are best talking to the Staff at Raleigh when you get there to confirm.

Yes you can use social media in Raleigh, you just cannot use your phones in the mess. And if you do make sure you do not post any photos as they do monitor your account and will result in a security warning/ possible back class or discharge just depending on your DI. Just to be on the safe side I wouldn’t go posting many photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can use social media in Raleigh, you just cannot use your phones in the mess. And if you do make sure you do not post any photos as they do monitor your account and will result in a security warning/ possible back class or discharge just depending on your DI. Just to be on the safe side I wouldn’t go posting many photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I wouldn’t use it for pictures or videos, it would just to be for texting and calling

Latest Threads