Social groups in Edinburgh?

Hi everyone I am looking for information on any social gatherings/ groups /activities for Navy / Ex Navy in Edinburgh or surrounding areas.

It is for a ex navy man who is very isolated and I am supporting him find groups etc.

Thanks
Dave

RNA:

Edinburgh Branch meet at the Royal British Legion on the last Thursday of every month, please contact the Hon. Secretary for further details.

Royal British Legion Club
Central Branch
33 Rodney Street
Edinburgh
Midlothian
EH7 4EL

Hon. Secretary: Bob Cumming (0131 669 2294)

Rosyth & West Fife meet at HMS Caledonia on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 2015 (except January when they meet on the 2nd Tuesday), please contact the Hon. Secretary for further details.

HMS Caledonia
Hilton Road
Rosyth
Fife
KY11 2XH

Hon. Secretary: David Young (01592 721520)

West Lothian Branch meet at the Royal British Legion on the last Monday of every month at 1900, please contact the Hon. Secretary for further details.

Royal British Legion Scotland
50 North Bridge Street
Bathgate
West Lothian
EH48 4PP

Hon. Secretary: David Liddell (01506 237084

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
There are also Veterans' Breakfast meetings every month where vets from all services get together for a full breakfast and comradeship.

If you go on to their website and bung in your postcode it will give the nearest one to you.

https://afvbc.co.uk

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
even in Plymouth?
https://afvbc.co.uk/pbc-plymouth-breakfast-club/

PBC – PLYMOUTH BREAKFAST CLUB

Glen Road,
Plymouth,
PL7 3DE,
United Kingdom.

Club Email Address will be listed shortly

Meeting Time : 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday at 1000hrs-1200hrs

Welcome to the Plymouth Breakfast Club

We are a group of veterans & serving members of Her Majesties Armed Forces, & like other Veteran’s Breakfast Clubs around the country & overseas, our ethos is mutual support; it works because we all have a similar humour & outlook, & the social life we now enjoy is like our service days.

All services veterans (If you can cope with the banter), turn up on a specify day morning & you will be made welcome

I went to one locally and it was a Royal Engineers cock waving fest!!! Great bunch of guys but they had a SNCO's table, Officers Table and Other ranks. we (3 matelots) sat on the officers table (unintentionally)and we were welcomed and it was a good laugh.

The looks we got from the other tables for sitting where we did was quite obvious but I believe we broke down the barriers they had set themselves. It was mentioned that the RAFA don't attend as they thought it was too Army.

There are however a few NAMET midnights in their group :)

Don't go every month but a couple of times a year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scorch Miscellaneous 0
Shakey Diamond Lil's 6
T Social & Reunions 5