Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So...........

slim

War Hero
Uncle Albert
Mod baiting is a sport, take 10 demerits for not putting your post in the sport section

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
slim said:
silverfox said:
Children children.... if you can't play nicely..

As a neutral in this debate can I say its getting a bit tiresome. On the one hand there are the 2 Mods who want to promote one reasonably serious and informative site where people can go for some debate and on the other there is a group of regulars who resent the fact that they can't post what they like willy nilly.

The rules and guidance for the CA forum are pretty simple and therefore why can't they be observed? Equally the Mod in question might do better in how the deletions are handled or the thread moved to a more appropriate forum, thus those who want to persue the irrelevancy or alternative discussion can do so safe in the knowledge they are not upsetting anyone, and the original poster (for it is he who should be really driving this) can get his intended post back on track.

I must confess that I do open threads and wonder how long it will be before we get to the squabbling stage, and these days its not long!! Which damages the site and this is something that I'm sure no-one wants.

What does annoy is the fact that this has now got to the level of nursery pettiness with abusive avatars and sulky silences - healthy contradiction is what we need - I have crossed swords with a few, most notably Slim and on one memorable occasion in particular, but each of us allowed the other to express his full opinion without resorting to abuse and at the end agreed to disagree before moving on.

Its time you lot did the same quite frankly.

In a way you are right SF. However I try to post in the correct forum the MODs of these two forums then play tennis with the subject. As you state we have frequently crossed swords but have always respected the others right to their particular opinion. This I believe is also true of the gang of four.
I have no objection to my posts being moved between forums but to be bounced around is a little off putting.
I now use D,Lills and the Gash barge. This means that the posts can be moved to a more serious forum if by the mods if needed.

No sword crossing this time as you have the neatly identified the principle - which I think is that the poster of a thread has a right to determine the nature and tone of a thread by his/her selection of forum. I knew the fighting wrns story would inevitably attract ribald comment - hence the choice of Lil's, I would'nt want any post in CA to deteriorate in the same fashion so I would be miffed if it did.

HOWEVER there are 2 sides to this and an early and justified reason for moving, which in my view should be the first resort, should always be given. There is no reason for not following the normal rules of polite society - if a mod claims he has not the time or energy then I'm sorry but it goes with the responsibility and they should take the job on.

And thats all I really want to say.

PS AndyM - you have a valid right to the moral high ground - at the moment, but don't you think your recent choice of avatars might detract from that? only a thought.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I have no doubt that you do!! but at least the current one is slightly less abusive...lol.

And now I shall withdraw gracefully from this debate and go and find my scratcher - being in a different time zone its way past my bed time, and my US room mate gets up at stupid oclock in the morning.

He also said when I joined that he does spend a little longer in the shower than usual.... ok I thought but 35 MINUTES!!!!!! What the fcuk does he do? There is either a telly in there that I haven't discovered or he's in training for some attempt on the self -abuse world record....

anyhoo. night all

I must admit to being confused about Seadog's policies however I give 'him' the benefit of the doubt just in case he is as hot as his avatar ... however ...

He once commented that not everything that hits the headlines is a Current Affair ... this is true and would indicate a thoughtful almost academic approach to the issue. Having thus indicated his philosophical bent though he spoils things when he deletes posts without giving a reason and comes down as a heavy handed type with a 'like it or lump it' attitude (very out of place in RR I must say). So with this dichotomy in mind ...

Has Seadog been 'outed' at work and is coming under pressure from senior officers and therefore no longer able to carry out the role of Mod? The much debated thread which started with some silly bit of gold braid trying to censor RR indicates that this may be a possibility.

Should the owners consider renaming Current Affairs? If politics/economics should be the motivating factor then this could be indicated in the forum name so that we all know where we stand.

Myself I consider that the most likely reason is that Seadog has been 'got at'... still like your avatar lad ... oh yes ...

golden_rivet said:
I must admit to being confused about Seadog's policies however I give 'him' the benefit of the doubt just in case he is as hot as his avatar
On the subject, are you as hot as your avatar Goldie? :wink:

Lingyai said:
golden_rivet said:
I must admit to being confused about Seadog's policies however I give 'him' the benefit of the doubt just in case he is as hot as his avatar

Sadly no Ling ... sorry to disappoint you :cry:

golden_rivet said:
Lingyai said:
golden_rivet said:

Oh, so you aren't the perfect woman after all, I mean your avatar has handles on the side of your head ........ what are they for..........he he he :lol:

Lingyai said:
golden_rivet said:
Lingyai said:
golden_rivet said:

Oh, so you aren't the perfect woman after all, I mean your avatar has handles on the side of your head ........ what are they for..........he he he :lol:

I have absolutely no idea to what you may be referring Ling ... :shock:

Latest Threads