Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by andym, Feb 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So.................
    Its been deleted without any reasons again!I dunno,what is he like?What a rude person!
  2. your living on the egde.......i like a man who shows no fear..............
  3. I dont suppose levers will be happy either.
  4. Levers will be very miffed to have been "Dogged".And quite rightly so.
  5. was that a seacow sighting?
  6. Seadick off the port bow,Sir!
  7. I heard once about a mod who did this a lot and it turned out he was an under achiever who got little respect at work and was dominated by his overbearing missus and used his mod status to try and acheive some form of authority that had otherwise been eluding him. Not saying that is seacock's problem though, I think he does a great job. I respect him a lot. Like a sea dad really.
  8. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

background please anyone........

nothing like a good bit of goss.
  9. This might be appropriate.... :twisted:
  10. Diamond Lills is now my forum of choice. This saves me liiking for my posts in several places. Second choice, The Gash Barge
  11. ..similar
  12. Its diificult to explain really, as all the threads have been deleted.
  13. AAC aka Steve has just had a post deleted in CA
    The gang of four will soon be a gang of ?????
  14. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Children children.... if you can't play nicely..

As a neutral in this debate can I say its getting a bit tiresome. On the one hand there are the 2 Mods who want to promote one reasonably serious and informative site where people can go for some debate and on the other there is a group of regulars who resent the fact that they can't post what they like willy nilly.

The rules and guidance for the CA forum are pretty simple and therefore why can't they be observed? Equally the Mod in question might do better in how the deletions are handled or the thread moved to a more appropriate forum, thus those who want to persue the irrelevancy or alternative discussion can do so safe in the knowledge they are not upsetting anyone, and the original poster (for it is he who should be really driving this) can get his intended post back on track.

I must confess that I do open threads and wonder how long it will be before we get to the squabbling stage, and these days its not long!! Which damages the site and this is something that I'm sure no-one wants.

What does annoy is the fact that this has now got to the level of nursery pettiness with abusive avatars and sulky silences - healthy contradiction is what we need - I have crossed swords with a few, most notably Slim and on one memorable occasion in particular, but each of us allowed the other to express his full opinion without resorting to abuse and at the end agreed to disagree before moving on.

Its time you lot did the same quite frankly.
  15. In a way you are right SF. However I try to post in the correct forum the MODs of these two forums then play tennis with the subject. As you state we have frequently crossed swords but have always respected the others right to their particular opinion. This I believe is also true of the gang of four.
    I have no objection to my posts being moved between forums but to be bounced around is a little off putting.
    I now use D,Lills and the Gash barge. This means that the posts can be moved to a more serious forum if by the mods if needed.
  16. Thers no dispute in the Moderation policy.All thats being asked is a reason for deletion to be posted on the thread.To date i have recieved NONE!
  17. Why haven`t I been named in this GO4 , sniff
    Ive always done my best when it came to mod baiting …Ive got the scars to prove it. and I`ve been deleted a few times.

Fcukin Gutted.

18. Do not fret UA I think that only 2 out of the 24 members of the gang of four have been identified publicly :eek: :smile:
  19. School report:UA needs to try harder!