So you don't believe in God hey?

#1
As we sink into this morass of hatred for Christianity and the rise in support for islam in all our institutions it is nice to see good news for a change.
England 36 Italy 11
Ireland 30 France 21

There is a God and he has given us this message that those continentals really are inferior, what more proof do you need?
:wink:
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#2
4to8 said:
As we sink into this morass of hatred for Christianity and the rise in support for islam in all our institutions it is nice to see good news for a change.
England 36 Italy 11
Ireland 30 France 21

There is a God and he has given us this message that those continentals really are inferior, what more proof do you need?
:wink:
Every "Christian dog" has its day? :roll:
 
#3
Nice win but there is no God,Father Christmas, or fairy's at the bloody bottom of my garden.Well not since I last looked anyway.
Only a three legged one eyed whippet two old milk churns and a 1960's caravan with chewing gum gray coloured net curtains at the windows, and cover in green algae. :cry:
 

Scrumpy

Lantern Swinger
#4
One day God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the rascally behavior that was going on. So he called one of His angels and sent the angel to Earth for a time.

When he returned, he told God, 'Yes, it is bad on Earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not.

God thought for a moment and said, 'Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion.'

So, God called another angel and sent him to Earth for a time.

When the angel returned he went to God and said, 'Yes, it's true.The Earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving, but 5% are being good.'

God was not pleased. So, He decided to e-mail the 5% that were good, because he wanted to encourage them, and give them a little something to help them keep going.



Do you know what the e-mail said?

......




......








Okay, I was just wondering, because I didn't get one either.
 
#6
Christian practice died with Jesus. What purports to be Christian today is as valid an expression of Christian teaching as paedophilia is a valid expression of concern for the welfare of children!

Nietzsche got it right when he (the son of a Lutheran Pastor) declared: Gott ist tot! (God is dead).
 
#7
Scrumpy said:
One day God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the rascally behavior that was going on. So he called one of His angels and sent the angel to Earth for a time.

When he returned, he told God, 'Yes, it is bad on Earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not.

God thought for a moment and said, 'Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion.'

So, God called another angel and sent him to Earth for a time.

When the angel returned he went to God and said, 'Yes, it's true.The Earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving, but 5% are being good.'

God was not pleased. So, He decided to e-mail the 5% that were good, because he wanted to encourage them, and give them a little something to help them keep going.



Do you know what the e-mail said?

......

......

Okay, I was just wondering, because I didn't get one either.
Fortunately as God trained to be a Librarian in Wales before he before he was appointed Chief Librarian in the Sky, he deposited a copy in the British Library. It read.... :nike:
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#8
thingy said:
Christian practice died with Jesus. What purports to be Christian today is as valid an expression of Christian teaching as paedophilia is a valid expression of concern for the welfare of children!
thingy said:
Nietzsche got it right when he (the son of a Lutheran Pastor) declared: Gott ist tot! (God is dead).
WTF wild thing, please explain what you mean! :|
 
#10
Ooohh! A god debate! Hang on a minute I'll be back soon, I'm just going to nip next door (left) to consult my neighbour who's an atheist and then drag my other neighbour (right) who's a Buddhist into the discussion.

Back in a moment
 
#11
Ballistic said:
Ooohh! A god debate! Hang on a minute I'll be back soon, I'm just going to nip next door (left) to consult my neighbour who's an atheist and then drag my other neighbour (right) who's a Buddhist into the discussion.

Back in a moment

Both of whom will say God, what God?

May yours, if you have one, go with you
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#12
But back to the rugby, England were poor. The only time I've ever seen them play worse was against SA last year. Italy gifted our scores to us, your God is not an English God.
 

Cpt_Black

Lantern Swinger
#13
tiddlyoggy said:
But back to the rugby, England were poor. The only time I've ever seen them play worse was against SA last year. Italy gifted our scores to us, your God is not an English God.
Well, he certainly isn't an Italian one!
England were very poor and somehow we managed to win. The first half showed some promise to build one - we'll see what changes in players and tactics are made for next week!
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#14
CB,
Are you doubting that Italy may well have beaten us had they not played MB at SH? The eternal optimism of a Glozzer fan. Bring Dean back home and let you boys suffer forever with an empty trophy cabinet.
 
#15
witsend said:
thingy said:
Christian practice died with Jesus. What purports to be Christian today is as valid an expression of Christian teaching as paedophilia is a valid expression of concern for the welfare of children!

Nietzsche got it right when he (the son of a Lutheran Pastor) declared: Gott ist tot! (God is dead).
WTF wild thing, please explain what you mean! :|
Actually that isn't strictly true, As an rationalist I don't believe Jesus ever existed either. If God doesn't exist, how could this none existant being sire a child?

Christians wear mixed fibres, eat finless fish, practice usury, bear false witness (eg the widespread use of psuedoscience) shave*, few cover their heads, those who have killed do not abstain from any sexual acts for the required 3 year year period, etc, etc. Jesus said nothing about any of these customs he grew up with, and as we know Jesus's silence on an issue means he supported existing Jewish law and custom. :evil:

* 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O Facial hair is a gift of God... cutting it is cutting yourself off from God. :roll:

Of course as God/Allah/Yaweh/Blair, etc are as real as Dr Seuss's Cat in a Hat...........

.....er, except that I, er..... believe in the Hatted Cat and his diet of Green Eggs and Ham! :) :D 8)







Right, time to climb out of the pit of brown and sticky stuff and sneak off with my legs between my tail............ :idea:
 
#16
FFS chaps get a grip, the thread started on the subject of rugby.I guess most of you missed the wink at the end?


PS I do recognise the fact that rugby is the national religion of Wales but lets leave that for another day.
 
#17
Contributor Mode

4X8

You must have watched a different England v Italy game to me. England were abysmal but can be improved by changing the Manager, Players, Coach and Coach Driver. As for GOD be he/she/it Christian, Muslim or any other sort, it is a figment of yours and many others deluded imaginations so you can have a psychological crutch. I prefer to rely on the crutch attached to a young slim............................

Nutty

PS and please do not wink at me and less that is an offer sexual favours to come.
 

Scrumpy

Lantern Swinger
#18
As Jasper Carrot once said....

'God must be a woman.
If God had been a man, he would not have put testicles on the outside!'
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
finknottle Current Affairs 37
B Miscellaneous 0
finknottle Diamond Lil's 24

Similar threads