So, what's the big smoke like today?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Oct 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You know, just looking for a heads up incase some naive, loveable but easily led astray fella might just perhaps maybe step of one of them jumbo jets that land there sometime soon.

Does he need to learn bulgarian?

2. Still plenty of places to eat, drink and be merry. Just need a mortgage to afford it.

Loads of Eastern Europeans, Black africans and muslims everywhere. But still worth a long weekend.

You name it you can find it somewhere. Brick lane for a cheap curry, Camden for a good night out on the beer with live music, China town for an authentic chinese meal.

SM

3. wet_blobby

If it was me, which it isn't, I'd kill for a full on grease dripping, chilli sauce staining, mint yogurt slopping doner kebab bit of heaven with a side dressing of salad scooped off the top and dropped on the pavement. Fcuk Yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Full Riot gear could be a precautionary measure though. Never know when it might kick off again and better to be safe than sorry.

5. Overpriced although there are some places that don't charge massive amounts of money for beer. Sunset strip in Soho has some nice eastern lovelies and it's only £15 entry and £4 for a beer £20 for a dance. Also if you like Vodka, Bar revolutions in Soho has most vodkas from around the world and attracts women who are anti clothes i.e. wear as little as possible. Also Maison Toureq in Soho is a really nice Moroccan/Lebanese restaurant and has live belly dancers every friday and saturday night after 20:00.

6. Blobs,

Tell whoever it is who is coming to London to bring a whole load of small change in their native currency.

Dispensing it with largesse amongst the foreign street/underground beggars gives one such a special thrill...:evil4:

7. Tis me innit!
    I have lots of shiny no longer legal tender NZ 5c pieces to dispense to Romanian beggars and due to the Romanian Rugby team having been based nearby during the pool stages of RWC I have picked up a smattering of coarse language in that tongue.
    I shall be available for lashing up by one and all from late October until mid November.
    Get in quick with your offers of largesse as I've got a bet on with Blobbs that I can pull one of those groovy Pan's Peoples chicks and get all monthers in!:slow:

8. wet_blobby

You couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding you munter......:hump:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  9. That's very hurtful!
    If my asthma, ADHD, heart murmer, eczema and rampant cowardice didn't hold me back I'd fill you in!
    I hope none of the Pan's People babes pay any attention to Blobbs cock blocking attempts, I might have to turn my attention to Hot Gossip!

10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Central London

Cop cars and ambulances racing around, noise, wall to wall tourists, non Cockneys in the majority, black cabs crashing pedestrian crossings, couriers, aggressive cyclists at max chat crashing red traffic lights, service industries serving service industries, spare a quid guv’nor (hey, a Cockney!), Edgeware Road, more Beruit than Beruit; Oxford Street, cnuts texting and walking and banging into people, shouty, dirty; stuck behind (ooer missus) that Adam Werritty every time I go to MoD Main; around New Scotland Yard, senior coppers out in uniform, alone and not carrying handcuffs, blokes in suits and trainers (maybe their shoes are at work-it is still wrong), Ken Livingstone. Expensive. I hate it.

My next appointment?

11. Go on Seadog, admit it, you only went to the cockney shithole for the expenses and perks - then blame the appointer.
    In my day Northwood was the place all the passed over Lt Cdrs went. Likewise Abbey Wood. Pot calling kettle black really I did both hated it and lasted 6 months in each before volunteering to back to sea - you thought of that???
    Soho, Chinatown fcuking love it really
    :)

12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

London is great for a visit, IMO.

No wonder the south east is so heavily populated.

13. Assuming your 'mate' isn't a cunt, I'd be happy to act as a tour guide/drinking oppo for a few days. If you...sorry... I mean your mate, owns a suit I may even take you for lunch in the mess of the best army regiment in the world.

14. I thought the best regiment in the world is the RAF Regiment??

15. I did say "army" regiment. Clearly I'd never lay claim to their awesomeness.

I wish I was I was in the RAF.

16. We wish you were in the RAF as well :slow:

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

I didn't know the 17/60th Uphill Gardeners were based in London..?! :shock:

18. wet_blobby

It's NZB mate, he's back in the big smoke for a few weeks. I would recommend a night on the pish with him but just add a word of caution. You've seen that film the "Gremlins", the one were they start off all fluffy and lovely. Yes?

Then someone gives them a feed and some beers after dark.... Yep?

Goes pear shaped?

Have fun..:slow:....

19. You talking about me ???????