So what do you think of 1 Rifles being commandos soon?

The_Wonderer

War Hero
Spartan said:
Lets be honest now, the Royal Marines don't really see as much action as the army. That's why I'm joining the Marines, cos I've had 14 years of firefights, violence and death on the streets of Manchester in gang warfare. It's time for a break for me.

Anyway, what are your opinions on 1 Rifles being Commando trained troops to help you guys out? Do you think these new army commandos are going to be the bomb or do you think it's an insult?

What exactly does "commando role" mean anyway. Is it just the same as "light role"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: pmsl

Deeps

War Hero
I still have my dagger from telic 1 .CO did stop us from wearing it. However every RM I have met since has without exception shaken my hand and said we should wear that dagger with pride .Looking forward to being part of 3 CDO next year on HERRICK 9.QDG (THE WELSH CAVALRY)

agrippa

Badgeman
Deeps said:
I still have my dagger from telic 1 .CO did stop us from wearing it. However every RM I have met since has without exception shaken my hand and said we should wear that dagger with pride .Looking forward to being part of 3 CDO next year on HERRICK 9.QDG (THE WELSH CAVALRY)

QDG all the way!! good effort mate. I was with 42 at the time and thanks from me too!! Damn shame you can't wear them. deserved them every day in my eyes. Did it make it on to the QDG colours in the end?

Deeps

War Hero
Yes mate its on the back of all of my C SQN t-shirts its on C SQN flag .We are with you boys again next year and we are looking forward to it. Were you on the big photo taken at Saddams palace with the photo on a RIB on the lake? I am top left next to the Welsh flag. RM all the way.best soldiers (you know what I mean) i have ever worked with. HOOFING!!!!!!

timex

Lantern Swinger

So they should, "Dobbin" was great to work with and for. We were the Lynx and Gazelles doing some of the screening with you.... :thumright:

agrippa

Badgeman
oh.. yes i was in the photo, sitting on the smally tank thing (top left as you look) arm over the gun. Can't get over how small a world it is
no doubt see you next time!! Pop in and say hello

Deeps said:

I've also heard nothing but praise for what QDG did. Respect, mate :thumright:

Deeps

War Hero
Feck me DOBBIN Thats my OPS call sign now even after 4 years. You the Lynx guys from the AL FAW? did we have a conversation at Basra air station on telic 8 .You were the RM capt pilot .Just after the Lynx went down over Basrah? Small world.I was Dobbin 01 operator on telic 1 .I am now Dobbin 01 myself .It is a crap call sign however we have stuck with it (spins allowing) purely for a bit of honour from telic 1. HOOFING !!!!!!!!

timex

Lantern Swinger
Feck me DOBBIN Thats my OPS call sign now even after 4 years. You the Lynx guys from the AL FAW? did we have a conversation at Basra air station on telic 8 .You were the RM capt pilot .Just after the Lynx went down over Basrah? Small world.I was Dobbin 01 operator on telic 1 .I am now Dobbin 01 myself .It is a crap call sign however we have stuck with it (spins allowing) purely for a bit of honour from telic 1. HOOFING !!!!!!!!

Yep, we were the Lynx and Gaz jocks. Didn't have a chat on Telic 8 as I only did OpTelic. Stick with Dobbin, it earned a lot of respect. :thumright:

Latest Threads