Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what did you get for xmas ?

2_deck_dash

War Hero
I got all the usual shite toiletry gift sets and whatnot but the highlights this year have to be my Tassimo coffee maker, Guitar Hero for the wii and book about wildlife photography. I expect this to be considerably useful while taking pictures of doggers at Watford Gap Services.

2_deck_dash

War Hero
soleil said:
That coffee maker is a nice gift to get.

Will you use it for cappuccinos?

Yeah it's good for all of the different varieties. So far I have found if you mix an espresso disk with a hot chocolate disk and then finish it off with a creamer disk you get a cheeky little Mocha which works wonders if you are hungover, which I am, a lot.

G

guestm

2_deck_dash said:
soleil said:

Yeah it's good for all of the different varieties. So far I have found if you mix an espresso disk with a hot chocolate disk and then finish it off with a creamer disk you get a cheeky little Mocha which works wonders if you are hungover, which I am, a lot.

Tassimo's are awesome. For about 6 months. Then they break, no matter how much you dhobi and look after them. I've had two, you can have them for parts if you like.

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Montigny-La-Palisse said:
2_deck_dash said:
soleil said:

Tassimo's are awesome. For about 6 months. Then they break, no matter how much you dhobi and look after them. I've had two, you can have them for parts if you like.

Cheers for the tip! To be honest I'll probably just beat the wife when it does eventually break and make her get me a new one.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Port, whisky, Keurig coffee machine, freezing rain, Lego Rock Band for the PS3 on Christmas Day and a hangover on Boxing Day. Then on the 28th one of the trees in our front yard (a 35 foot pine) was brought down by a combination of high wind and the weight of ice from the freezing rain on Christmas Day - luckily for me it missed my house completely, but the neighbour's car wasn't so lucky. Today I'm shopping for a chain-saw

Dicky

Lantern Swinger
I finally found my denture (4 teeth plate) in a waistcoat I wore at an amateur radio rally, and forgot I'd put them in the pocket....been lost just over a year....welcome back old friends......lol...

Dicky said:
I finally found my denture (4 teeth plate) in a waistcoat I wore at an amateur radio rally, and forgot I'd put them in the pocket....been lost just over a year....welcome back old friends......lol...

That reminds me of a personI once worked with. He had a mouldy green coloured set of dentures for work and a clean pair for best.

Oomallac

Badgeman
daffy1 said:
Topstop said:
No grief aah biss :D

Mate that is the best gift any bloke can ask for.

Being recently divorced and waking up at 13:00 on Xmas Day,

ThERE WAS NO

other half/mother in law NAGGING
/fridge full of beer/pizza/sausage rolls
200 DFs and several 1 litre bottles etc
A day of tv with no arguements as to what to watch
BOXING DAY: lunchtime sess and footy in the afternoon, followed by evening session (lock-in) no hassle getting in some 36 hoursc later

lots of drink/eats/sleep

seafarer1939

War Hero
My old man[SF1939] never did get to come home for Xmas,had a serious operation so he's still there giving them grief.
Seriously though, when he came around after a touch and go op that could have gone either way he found a priest standing at his bedside!
Told me he thought he was going down a fathom but the priest said he was just doing his rounds!
Old man called him a gormless sky-piloting twat and to feck off.
Where do these vicars get their brains?of all the places to stand.
Vicar made a complaint but the old man passed it off as post operative drug use!
Nurse on station told me she spent a lot of the night keep putting his bits back in his hospital gown!Bloody Matelots never change!

Family got him Xmas presents of the following:
Full CD set of WWI footage[a lot never seen before,he knows a lot about that war]
CD set of the Royal Navy and some Nelsons Navy books[he researches a lot of that]
CD full set of “ Rescue Me†another series he enjoys.
Full CD set of “Deadwood†[his favourite TV show]
Full CD set of series “24†another show he likes.

Framed picture of him losing the RN Welterweight boxing final in controversial circumstances!
He had his opponent down 3 times yet lost on points,said his punches were like being ticked by a feather duster,but he is pleased.
Well there's no booze for him for a while. Sean

sweetpea

War Hero
seafarer1939 said:
My old man[SF1939] never did get to come home for Xmas,had a serious operation so he's still there giving them grief.
Seriously though, when he came around after a touch and go op that could have gone either way he found a priest standing at his bedside!
Told me he thought he was going down a fathom but the priest said he was just doing his rounds!
Old man called him a gormless sky-piloting twat and to feck off.
Where do these vicars get their brains?of all the places to stand.
Vicar made a complaint but the old man passed it off as post operative drug use!
Nurse on station told me she spent a lot of the night keep putting his bits back in his hospital gown!Bloody Matelots never change!

Family got him Xmas presents of the following:
Full CD set of WWI footage[a lot never seen before,he knows a lot about that war]
CD set of the Royal Navy and some Nelsons Navy books[he researches a lot of that]
CD full set of “ Rescue Me†another series he enjoys.
Full CD set of “Deadwood†[his favourite TV show]
Full CD set of series “24†another show he likes.

Framed picture of him losing the RN Welterweight boxing final in controversial circumstances!
He had his opponent down 3 times yet lost on points,said his punches were like being ticked by a feather duster,but he is pleased.
Well there's no booze for him for a while. Sean

Sean,

I am very sorry to hear that SF1939 is ill in hospital. Please pass on my best wishes to him. I sincerely hope that he will soon be feeling better.

SP.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trelawney126 How Much did you pay for your Xmas Tree £900? Current Affairs 6
N What year did my dad serve on his ships and land bases. The Fleet 11
MoD_RSS Summer 2020 outcomes did not systemically disadvantage students MoD News 0
K PJFT I did mine before my interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P Where did we go? The Quarterdeck 9
MoD_RSS Inquiry leads to improved governance at community centre which trustees “did not recognise as being a charity” MoD News 0
A What did I do wrong? The Gash Barge 1
MoD_RSS If your charity last did an annual return before 12 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Our tech sector has already attracted more foreign investment this year than it did for the whole of 2018: article by Nicky Morgan MoD News 0
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
vauxhall Did you know ... Finance & Pensions 0
A How long did it take Capita to review your medical info? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
LateToTheParty HMS Conqueror - Did anyone on here serve on her? Submariners 8
G How did you phone home from Raleigh? History 12
A What marks did you get for PT? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
skyvet Did I miss something? Diamond Lil's 8
SONAR-BENDER What did Santa bring you? Diamond Lil's 48
S How did my dad get home? History 4
Scouse_Scribes Journey - you mean how I did something Diamond Lil's 3
C When did? Miscellaneous 6
soleil Navy News: "Did You Serve In Watery Wessex?" The Fleet Air Arm 11
scouse It did happen The Fleet Air Arm 0
slim Where did the term draft come from? The Quarterdeck 12
J How did minesweepers operate in WW1 The Fleet 9
alfred_the_great What did the FAA do for us in WW2? The Fleet Air Arm 13
P HMS Artful - did no one go ? Submariners 0
angry_mac Gratuity, what did you spaf yours on? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 31
MaiBelle Why oh why did I buy a white car? Motoring 43
cooksmate I bet they did that on porpoise. Diamond Lil's 22
trelawney126 Did Boots do Double Points for Mrs Hulme Diamond Lil's 3
soleil Guide And Gazette: "Did You Serve At Shore Base HMS Collingwood?" Bases / Shore Est 4
Sumo What did you do to waste a good week end Diamond Lil's 41
stan_the_man We did it better in the old days didn't we???? Diamond Lil's 35
Sumo I wish I did not do that Diamond Lil's 21
soleil Pompey News: "‘It Was An Awful Loss – But What We Did Freed Falklands’ History 0
RabC How Did I Guess? Diamond Lil's 4
Sharkey Where did you get that hat Diamond Lil's 0
Rumrat What Gloria didn't write, so I did. Diamond Lil's 3
L Don't worry about tomorrow, you already did that yesterday Miscellaneous 4
Rodgersthecabinboy Anyone know if they did go all the way ? Diamond Lil's 2
C Did anyone give Tetley's a Bell??? Social & Reunions 19
R when did we lose our Reserve shoulder flashes? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 37
stan_the_man The day I really did shit myself Diamond Lil's 11
Illuminati Did anyone hear about that new Muslim strip joint that just opened?? Diamond Lil's 0
F Did you know ... Miscellaneous 23
WreckerL It's them thar aliens wot did it Diamond Lil's 2
soleil Pompey News: "What Heroic Feat Did A Petty Officer Perform?" History 23
The_Caretaker Did u Hear Land Ops 1
The_Caretaker Did u Hear Blue Jokes 1
The_Caretaker What did... Miscellaneous 1