So there!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, Aug 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found this on MSN.

Jennifer Aniston has waded into fresh controversy - after using the word 'retard' in a TV interview.

While promoting her new film The Switch on American talk show Live With Regis And Kelly, the US actress accidentally let the word slip as she was chatting about the Harper's Bazaar photo shoot where she channelled Barbra Streisand.

"I play dress up, I do it for a living, like a retard," she said.

Jennifer - who also caused a furore after claiming women don't need men to raise healthy families - has already been given a talking to from Special Olympics and The Arc charity, who called her comment "extraordinarily offensive and inappropriate".

"Frankly, someone in her position ought to know better. She is using language that is offensive to a large segment of the population in this country," Peter Bern, CEO of The Arc, said in a statement to E! News.

"Every time folks hear that word, it kind of reminds them of all the discrimination and oppression they've experienced in their lives. Even if it wasn't intended to insult them, that is the effect of it."

Special Olympics also replied in a statement to E! News: "Special Olympics is always disappointed when the R-word is used, especially by someone who is influential to society.

"The pervasive use of the R-word, even in an off-the-cuff self-deprecating manner, dehumanises people with intellectual disabilities and perpetuates painful stereotypes that are a great source of suffering and negative stigma."

So there - you have been told. No more references to 'Mongs', 'Window lickers' or even 'Retards'!!

Discuss!! :D
  2. oh I say err well oh testicles I cant say mong window licking tit any more well hows about the educationally challenged clear wall licking breast . Would that be more expectable to these folks. Now they want police what we say only in America but its here to. I work for an agency at the moment so go lots of different work places and in some places you have to phrase everything gender neutral as not to cause offence to anyone.
  3. Tug

Completely and totally off-thread, what does your signature line say? I don't speak Russian but I get the feeling it's saying something along the lines of "Kiss my hairy white ............."

I'm probably totally utterly wrong and it will turn out to be a quote from Tolstoy.

It just frustrates me whenever I see it. :)
  4. . . .Arse.

You are correct Ma'am
  5. Clunge?
  6. Sonar-Bender,

'tis just the Pendulum. Still moving in the wrong (for us at RR) direction.

It will reach it's limit and eventually swing back in OUR direction.

Meanwhile, just observe those who get upset & those who feel oblged to apologise - and CHUCKLE
  7. My car needs advancing, it must therefore be Chronographically challenged.
    I thought it was retarded.
  8. He Chuckles in amazement - That you still have a car :wink:

9. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  10. Soleil Knowing that you are a lady, this is a little embarrassing yes it says kiss my hairy white ass. So I have changed it to a favorite Leo Tolstoy quote of mine.
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Kazhdoe dumaet izmenyatʹ mir, no nikto dumaet izmenyat."

(Everyone thinks of changing the world, but nobody thinks to change.)
  12. Sgt Peper an educated man you are sir.