So my girlfriend left me :).

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wannabeaet, Jul 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yea, 23 months we were together, and a large factor though she has never confirmed anything, was that I'm starting basic training in 3 months time.
    Hurts REAL bad, she was integrated into our family 100%, and we were in love, still are, though I'm sure it will be a blessing in disguise.
    Guess it just wasn't to be.
    Anyone else had any heart ache recently?
    I'm just focusing on starting basic, making new friends (current ones have drastically diminished in numbers) getting through it and finding myself someone new and better suited. If I didn't have that life change coming up it'd be much harder I know, so my chin is up.

What stories do you know about dear John's whilst in the forces?

2. No previous, but if it wasn't meant to be etc.. good luck sir. may you sail in many more.

3. Chin up pal!! matters of the heart are hard to deal with!!

But on the mates front......well the more I think about what lifes gonna be like once I've joined up and the things I'll be doing/seeing people I'll be meeting/living/serving with the less I like my pals!!!! all they wanna do is sit in pubs from friday afternoon till sunday night getting pissed sniffing coke and talking shite!! the scarey thing is I find myself falling backwards into that life of crap!!! I really need to have a look at what I want from life, I know what I want I'm just gonna put me nut down train every day and keep focused!!! same as you mate you might feel shitty now but look ahead and keep all the positives of getting in the mob and everything that brings with it, travel,good money,meeting new people and living a great life!!! good luck :)

4. Usually just get laughed at and told to grow a pair.

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: "Grow a pair".

5. It is a huge opportunity to grab, there is so much to gain from joining the forces, RN especially, and I would guess most people do pretty much leave their old lives behind don't they?

Oh come on Guzzler, you never cried over a girl? :scratch:
    She was 34DD! :love9:

6. WAS?

You've cut them off?

Respect.

7. Never cried over one, jizzed over a few though :lol:

8. Do you feel like sharing? It always helps.

Pictures, preferably.

9. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Get over it you cnut. At least she's binned you now before it costs you a house and whatever else takes her fancy.

10. A few mates of mine have various pictures of her Tim.

I'll try and find them.

11. Thank you, Guzzler. I'll look forward to it.

12. I read your post Tiddly, and phoned Marjory straight up and told her Not to clear her desk. 8O :oops: :D :D :D :D :D :D

13. Keep the photo's shippers - I am sure they will grace any mess gronk board

14. Eric say it all really....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
    There's something you've forgotten
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
    When you're feeling in the dumps
    Don't be silly chumps
    Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
    And death's the final word
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.
    Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
    Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
    Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of s#it
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
    You'll see it's all a show
    Keep 'em laughing as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the right side of life...
    (Come on guys, cheer up!)

Always look on the bright side of life...

(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)

(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
    (You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
    What have you lost? Nothing!)

Always look on the right side of life...

15. Ring the girl up, express your extreme sadness that the relationship cannot work out and wish her the best for the future. Agree to stay 'just friends' if she wishes. Tell her her sister was a better fcuk anyway.

16. One night whilst she's sleeping **** on her eyes so when she wakes up and they've dried she won't be able to open them. You can then have a laugh whilst she is shouting "I'm blind I'm blind"

17. Man up you fanny.

Being binned is a fcuking blessing, it means you don't have to do it and can plough as many birds as you like without having to turn your phone off first.

She'd have only gone through all your mates once you got to Raleigh anyway, she's like that.

18. Love is a sensuous manifestation of a mataphysical ideal, no more no less. You owe it to yourself to try out as many as possible. Adopt a more positive approach ie. If its old enough to bleed its old enough to butcher.
    Take a leaf from MLP and others on this site, man up and tell her she was a useless fcuk anyway. The navys a different ball game :wink: M Proops

19. :D :D Thats what i would do :lol:

20. Always loved this dit:

A soldier/sailor/airman/marine etc. is serving abroad when he receives a letter from his missus breaking off their engagement. In the letter she asks the soldier/sailor/airman/marine to kindly return the photograph of herself she had sent him. The serviceman in question then goes around the entire base/ship gathering up as many phots of women he can from all his oppos, pictures of mums, wives, sisters, daughters, clippings from grot mags etc. all get gathered up.

He then sends all the pictures back to the bird with a simple note saying: Regretably I can't remember which one you are, please take your photo and send me back the rest.

True dit that is, happened to an oppo of an oppo on the massive once.