So long and thanks for all the fish.......

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Stepto, Nov 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well my bag is packed and I'm enjoying a last drink with some good music on.
    Even found some good quality dusters and a clothes brush, which is good as I'm off to Raleigh tomorrow morning.
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the help over the last few months, even Hig has said some kind words, (ish).
    Thingy, keep up the '?' posting, still makes me laugh and Ninja Stoker, you had better keep helping out us Newbies, you know we need you.....

Kind regards,
  2. Best of luck to you oppo. Keep own counsel :thumright: ps is that avatar from an old Sub??????? :thumright:
  3. U96 but don't tell anyone!!!
  4. Good luck matey.

When things start getting to you just look at the course loser and think if he can do it then so can I.

Training is only the first part of the rest of a great career. :thumright:
  5. roger that Johan???? Read the book "Iron coffins "by Wernher.
  6. 40,000 went to sea, 10,000 came back.
    I know they were the enemy but now is a good time to remember all the sailors that were lost.
  7. Good luck, and keep up the hard work...

Hope to hear from you when you get some leave.

Hear all see all and say nought :thumright:
  8. Thanks Pinch. I'll remember that!
  9. Good luck stepto!
  10. Ta IB08, I'll be in touch when I get the chance.
  11. good luck mate!
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Best of luck Lofty, call it intuition but I think you'll enjoy your new life.
  13. Thanks Ninja, hope you are right.
  14. Best of wishes Stepto.
  15. Good luck Stepto. Remember to take each day as it comes, one day at a time.
  16. Good luck and hope you do well.

Never forget your sense of humour

:nemo: :nemo:
  17. stepto ill see you down there my friend.

I'd also like to say thanks for all the help during my application. Site and the people on it have been a godsend.

take care folks and hear from you at xmas time.
  18. The very best of luck to Stepto and Sammy.
  19. Best of luck for the future oppos..... and keep posting Stepto. :thumright:

Keep us posted about your experiences at Raleigh and remember that Hig, modest as ever, was actually Nelson's seadad :w00t:

Now where did I stow my teflon helmet?.......
  20. I'm impressed; the bravery of the other fellah is often forgotten:

and stunde hat geschlagen.mp3

Fortunately, they came second but it was a close run thing.

Anyway, best of luck matey (remember to make your own), you chose well! Always get noticed for the right reasons.