So How long Is A Passing Out Parade?

#1
I hope I don't get flamed for this as spamming or some crap.

This is a genuine question I've been unable to find an answer for.

But how long does the actual Passing Out Parade go on for?

I'm just curious to know.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#5
matelo99 said:
Shortest I've ever had was 45 minutes, longest I've had to endure was 3 flaming hours as the VIP decided to talk to everyone!
My favourite? The one in Rosyth dockyard at 08:00 in winter. The inspecting officer, FOSNI, asked the inane inspecting officers' question: "Are you enjoying it?"

To which came the reply two ranks behind: "Who said that?"

It was still the pitch black of night.
 
#6
Hey, the answer so far are better than my idea.....

I was gonna say about 10ft depending on how many were stood in it/passed out on floor :afro:
 
#7
letthecatoutofthebag said:
When I saw the title of this topic, somehow I just knew it would be creddly. :sigh:
What the fuck is your problem?

Is this not a 'discussion' board?

Why can't I ask a question!? If you don't like it, don't answer, simple as that you arrogant tosspot!

Btw, the parade is a lot longer than I thought, so SEE - it was worth me asking!
 
#10
sgtpepperband said:
Temper temper, young 'un... maybe it was a bite?! :wink:
I'm sorry, but I've kept my cool long enough with the people on this site.

How come at AFCO they ask you if there's ANYTHING you need to know, no matter how silly you think it is, just ask.

I know this isn't AFCO, but the same mentality should be passed onto all Naval folk.

If and when I become an experienced Sundodger, I'll be happy to answer all questions a budding recruit wants to know.

All I asked was the length of time a typical pass-out lasts. :shakefist:
 
#11
ukdaytona said:
How long did you think it was?
Sorry UKdaytona - erm, well call me Naive but about 15 minutes to half hour! ! o_O

It wasn't from wishful thinking, just genuinely thought that there's only so many different maneuvers can be done before it starts to become filler!

I'm in no way disheartened or pissed off that it's longer than I thought, just surprised!

I'll do whatever is required!
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#12
In my experience the more senior the VIP the longer the platoons have to wait until they finish their tea and stickies before they come out. If it's cold and wet, the wait is even longer... anyway, no matter how long the parade is, the rehearsal will be a lot longer!
 
#14
sgtpepperband said:
no matter how long the parade is, the rehearsal will be a lot longer!
And thank god for that!

How often does one screw up in the middle of a parade? :confused2:

Nah, seriously I'm not bothered if it was 10 hours - I just wanted to know that's all!

ukdaytona said:
just remember to go to the loo BEFORE you get out there else its a LONG time to hold on lol
Oh I wouldn't worry about that.

I have a bladder the equivalent of the Kielder Dam!
 
#15
Cred, you’ll do well with that attitude!

Maybe you seem to ask too much at once, it may well be worth taking the time to use each forum appropriately as stated. Instead of inflowing the newbies section, post away in ‘The Fleet’, or subject your posts to one long one of thought up questions?

A passing out parade (passing in or whatever they are calling it these days), can be from 40 – 3hrs or a little less, it really depends on who the ‘VIP’ is and how long the inspection takes whilst on parade.
 
#16
Jenny_Dabber said:
Cred, you’ll do well with that attitude!

Maybe you seem to ask too much at once, it may well be worth taking the time to use each forum appropriately as stated. Instead of inflowing the newbies section, post away in ‘The Fleet’, or subject your posts to one long one of thought up questions?

A passing out parade (passing in or whatever they are calling it these days), can be from 40 – 3hrs or a little less, it really depends on who the ‘VIP’ is and how long the inspection takes whilst on parade.
Thanks Jenny Dabber!

I understand!

Just wish some of these could have put it as clear and politely as you did there.

Also, next time I have a question, I'll save it up and when I get like 5, I'll ask them all in one thread.

LOL knowing my luck, the VIP will be Her Majesty herself! :worship:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#18
Also your Passing Out/In/Whatever it's called Parade will be the culmination of many weeks of grief, and you'll be so excited about finally finishing the training, you'll not realise how long you've been standing around for!

Furthermore please remember to turn off your mobile telephone...

And finally, I doubt HM The Queen will be the VIP. Most likely to be an officer of Flag Rank or someone of similar status (Lord Lieutenant, etc.)
 
#19
creddly said:
letthecatoutofthebag said:
When I saw the title of this topic, somehow I just knew it would be creddly. :sigh:
What the fuck is your problem?

Is this not a 'discussion' board?

Why can't I ask a question!? If you don't like it, don't answer, simple as that you arrogant tosspot!

Btw, the parade is a lot longer than I thought, so SEE - it was worth me asking!


He'll be saying "Boo!" to the Joss next.
:rambo:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#20
Streaky said:
creddly said:
letthecatoutofthebag said:
When I saw the title of this topic, somehow I just knew it would be creddly. :sigh:
What the fuck is your problem?

Is this not a 'discussion' board?

Why can't I ask a question!? If you don't like it, don't answer, simple as that you arrogant tosspot!

Btw, the parade is a lot longer than I thought, so SEE - it was worth me asking!


He'll be saying "Boo!" to the Joss next.
:rambo:
If he does, it'll be the only time he does... :lol:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rumrat Diamond Lil's 35
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0

Similar threads

Latest Threads