So are ex-service personnel rejoining known?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by creddly, Nov 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, in less than 24 hours I depart for HMS Caledonia and I probably slept about 3 hours last night. I'm absolutely bricking it - but excited at the same time, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I was just wondering will people like me, who've been in one of the services before (albeit a meagre 6 weeks,) will be known, expected to perform better than others, will be treated the same, will be frowned upon for poor past time served, etc?

Any training staff here that can give me the heads up?

2. P.S. If you you think this is a bone question, you should not be reading this sentence. I don't care what your opinion is of this question - if you have a problem with it, don't reply, don't tell me about it, don't even click the topic because the title of the topic IS the question. It's been on my mind this morning and I wanted to ask, so shoot me.

3. Lol I just knew somebody would make that joke. So wanna help me out with the question please?

:dwarf:

4. We had a young guy who came (almost) straight from 'P' Company (training accident I think), good guy. The staff knew, so did we by the end of the first week.

I wouldn't give it much thought though, just concentrate on your training, enjoy the experience and let us know how well you are doing.

Good Luck and FFS, take the appropriate sized grip with you!

5. Lol thanks for the advice mate.

Nice avatar btw! :thumright:

6. Don't be worried about the RNAC!!! it was a fun time

7. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Feller. As long as you don't give it the big, "... when I was in the Army ..." you should be okay. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed of your past service, be proud of it and share it, but for ****'s sake don't use it as a concrete plinth on which to build some kind of kudos. When you join Raleigh, you are all equal, worthless cuntholes, all ready to be shaped effectively into matelots. If your previous with a past military employment gives you advantages to bear, use them, but don't abuse them, but never forget that as far as the Navy is concerned, you are a ******* Nozzer. End of.

Levers

8. Oh Levers, believe me, I don't want my involvement with the Army to be known.

It is an embarrassment and I won't be over it until that pass-out parade at Raleigh is done!

Ha ha, do you know what film this reminds me of?

Thanks again for the advice levers!

:thumright:

9. Creddly, seriously, stop worrying dude! Just chill out and take stuff as it comes - you're thinking too much, again. Your Army experience will obviously give you an advantage but if you don't want people to know, don't tell them.

10. Credders
    Before I joined the RN I was a Boy Scout, but I managed to keep it quite

11. Take what you have already learned, and use it to help yourself and to help others.
    I'd done basic with the RMP's and then found I wasn't born to be a cnut and went back to civvy street - two years later, basic in the RN at Raleigh - a bit older than the majority but with a bit more experience and it helped a lot. If like me in attitude you'll end up helping the "kids" out with all sorts of things - it's called teamwork.
    Good luck with it and don't be ashamed of being in the Army - if anyone asks, "yep I was in for basic but it wasn't for me".

Hope you havn't got size elevens 'cos it doubles the bulling compared to your oppo with girly size sevens....................................

12. Creddly, dont bum youreself up after only doing 6 weeks in the army.. not even long enough to get skidders on your knicks...

Forget it and just enjoy youreself...

Good luck :thumright:

13. Lol thanks guys.

I'm nervous as hell right now. My heart is pounding. I'll be fine once that ice breaker is over.

I hate having to stand up in front of people and talk about myself because there's bugger all interesting about me.

Anyway guys, I'm gonna try my hardest when I'm there. It's all I can do really. Hope I have a good report to tell you guys about!

Thanks again Levers, Slim, Trooped, K880i, ChrisA, Alhucoll and Dhoby.

:thumright:

14. Managed to keep it quite what?

15. Don't be so pedantic, it's a typo.

:dwarf:

16. Your Training Team will know 'Everything' you've told your AFCO fella and probably be able to ping you from all the info you've put on here!! Don't worry about it, this is a fresh chance, grab it and don't let go.
    If you've got any useful tips/knowledge that can help your course mates share them I'm sure it will be noticed.
    If it isn't mentioned and you don't want people to know don't tell ANYONE as the buzz will spread like wildfire.
    If it is mentioned follow the advice given, it wasn't for you, but you're older and wiser now (You are aren't you? :dwarf: ) and determined to make it work.
    CHILL OUT :w00t: :thumright: .
    NZB

17. Thanks NZ! Top advice mate.

I do remember there were two lads in the Army who'd dropped out during basic before and nothing was ever said to them.

I do know the platoon Sergeant bollocked the one lad because he thought he was "it" because he knew a little more than everyone else about basic.

Obviously I'm gonna try and keep it schtum !!

Thanks again NZ :thumright: