SNP demands Scottish fisheries have veto on excercises.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by drewfester, Mar 31, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The only good thing about the SNP/Sturgeon/Salmond (and I'm a Jock) is that if they keep spouting enough of this unthought-out pretentious crap, then they'll manage to alienate enough folk that they'll lose votes.

• Like Like x 3
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Independence, were you snoozing last year?

It's called the game of politics drew. File under bollocks unless you're falling for the line that the 'Russians are coming' with Vladimir riding a stag across the glen bare chested.

3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

I quite liked this inadvertant typo in one of the picture captions:

"Royal Navy training coarse will take place in the waters of the West Coast of Scotland"

• Like Like x 1
  4. You're clearly forgetting that there are a lot of very, very stupid people in this country that will swallow the bollocks spouted by the SNP wihout a second thought.

• Like Like x 4
  5. witsend

You could go round in circles debating that plenty of folk fall for the bollocks that is spouted by any of the parties.

It will be interesting to see what is predicted to be a large SNP presence in Westminster and the thorn in the side of any UK government. Is there going to be deals with Labour?

6. If there is a deal with labour and SNP then that's Faslavatory screwed over, trident gone and BAE going massively over budget on any future ships built in Scotland!
    I'm a Scot as well and really can't believe so many of my fellow countrymen are so deluded to believe the crap that comes out of the SNP. It's mindboggling!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Probably. Apparently it is something to do with "politics".

What I found amusing was the recent article in the Torygraph that was designed to put the wind up the core support to campaign harder, which said if the SNP did win influence it would not the Scots to blame, but "ourselves". So confirmation that the Torygraph does not consider itself to be a UK paper, which is disappointing.

Actually, despite myself, I would be fascinated to see what an increased number of SNP MPs would do to the Westminster village. When I voted NO in the referendum, that is actually what I voted for - an equal opportunity within a United Kingdom. The fact the main two are sweating buckets with the verging-on-far-right UKIP pressing from the South and the verging-on-communist SNP from the North is turning the contest into something both interesting and amusing.

It means the usual outcome of is-it-Rangers-is-it-Celtic no longer holds sway, and what we will have after 8th May is currently unpredictable. Might just make it exciting . . .

8. Fixed that for you ... no charge!

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. Abraham Lincoln.

9. Nicola (yes I still fancy her) has said the house of Lords should be abolished , citing the £300 daily attendance allowance , guessing they just sign in then piss off ? , or do they go for brekkie in one of the subsidised caffs then sleep it off in the chamber.

10. Ahhhh! But can you heat hers?

A challenge . . . :D

11. Sadly I know and agree.

I actually know a well educated guy (well, he's a lawyer!) who is a fervent SNP activist. The mind boggles.

12. Rohipnol , the pensioners friend ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Had to fix my own post there Stirl, but your response remains just as valid!

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm with Stirl on this one, it would be worth it for the experience!

15. witsend

A pulse is probably the only prerequisite for you auld filthy sea dogs.

She's one of those women who wears far too much make-up. It's caked on like a young chav teenager trying to look older. I imagine she has a hammer and chisel on her dresser.

16. Euuch.jpg

Says it all really.

Thing is, apparently the woman who was Jimmy Krankie, Janette Touch, (as they refer to it in the other place) "went like a belt-fed wombat".

One wonders if there are traits as well as looks being traded here . . . ?

17. Britannia Rules the waves,but Caledonia waives the rules...:)