Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Dec 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What the fcuk is going on in the UK? A bit of white fluffy stuff falls from the sky and its chaos, Jeez, they dont even bother to grit the roads over here when it snows and the world doesn't end, people get to work and daily life continues.

Bunch of big girls blouses. :p
  2. I am loving it, after Monday's chaos everyone has just sacked it. London is basically my own big empty playground now. Drove to work this morning and yesterday in record time as everyone else was too scared to drive. All the main roads are gritted so no dramas and most of the snow has melted now anyway.

Happy fcuking days.
  3. My 47 mile commute was a breeze today, A14 a pleasure!!!
  4. Of course the road system never grinds to a halt in the land of the great white cloud sheep shagging community. It normally starts with a sprinkling of snow and they head for Arthurs Pass in the Southern Alps to go play in the snow therefore bogging down the road system.

Spotted a bimbo yesterday in the UK blowing her horn at a pensioner who was taking to long to cross the lane in the supermarket poor soul frightened of falling. Of course blowing the horn will make them walk faster will it not. Feck it phasers on kill Scotty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all the sheep shagging ex booties in Kiwiland.

5. O the entertainment of it all. The road out side the house is a hill not steep but steep enough. At 0600 cars could get up it by 0700 they could just make it by 0900 4x4s with dif locks (Disco)was having trouble.

A 4x4 was coming down the hill low ratio slower than walking pace, 4 chavs in a Focus, pissed off with the slow progress overtakes into 2nd then tries to slow for the bend at the bottom NFW, the backend overtakes the front up the curb smashes a fence demolishes the bins revs up spins it round again and FO.

The other way out of the estate was better. the gritting lorry in stead of reverseing down the hill drove down and couldnt stop at the T junction at the bottom. If the owner of the houses beloved Sierra Saphire RS and fence wasnt there to slow the gritter it woud have been in their front room.Rear of side boot and wing gone to the rear window. Ouch!!!

By 1100 ice all gone with the rain and so to work :(
  6. Not so funny if you are the family of one of the two people killed when the bus overturned near Mousehole.
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Three men die in a car accident after hitting black ice on Christmas Eve. They all find themselves at the pearly gates waiting to enter Heaven. On entering they must present something relating or associated with Christmas.

The first man searches his pocket, and finds some Mistletoe, so he is allowed in.

The second man presents a cracker, so he is also allowed in.

The third man pulls out a pair of stockings.

Confused at this last gesture, St. Peter asks, "How do these represent Christmas?"

"They're Carol's."
  8. witsend

A bus full of politicians were driving down a icy country road to a christmas party. The bus suddenly ran off the road and crashed into an old farmer's field. The old farmer heard the tragic crash so he rushed over to investigate. He then began digging a large grave to bury the politicians.

A few hours later, the local police were driving past the farmer's field and noticed the bus crash. He approached the old farmer and asked where all the politicians had gone. The old farmer explained that he'd gone ahead and buried all of them. "Were they ALL dead?" asked the puzzled police. "Well, some of them said they weren't," said the old farmer, "but you know how them politicians lie."
  9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

And a Merry Christmas to you mate.. :D

Yes the roads do get closed here due to snow but that's my point, life continues, people find alternative routes and crack on, Arthurs pass closed, fine use the Lewis. The Desert Road closed, no worries use the National park instead. It can be bloody scary driving (trucking) in all the snow and muck but people do it. The vehicles that seem to get stuck the most are the 4x4's, normally still in 2 wheel drive when they get recovered because the owners haven't got a clue how to use them properly but think "I'll be right, I've got a 4x4" dumb buggers.
  10. My mother's best friend was on that bus, slightly injured but ok. Sad times
  11. Hope they can be of assistance
  12. witsend