Snow in Guzz

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by tiddlyoggy, Dec 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

For probably only the third time I can recall in twenty odd years snow is falling and settling in Guzz. Stand by for the city to grind to a halt, southern softies can't cope with snow at all.

2. We got 5" here in 7 hours or so yesterday.

3. Bugger, we only got 3'' in Eboracum.

4. Aye, but the North York Moors are about a mile away in the direction I'm facing so it all drifts down from there.

5. Mechs course 95 or 96 at HMS Sultan cant remember now but we had snow and all the southerners were late for afternoon classes due to the half inch of snow that fell at lunchtime! It was tricky crossing from the accom side to tech side on the bridge by all accounts! I went weekend that weekend in my 1974 Range rover no problem!

6. Spoke too soon - it's all melted again!

7. Bragging again

8. Damn right. Did I mention we also got some snow?

9. I saw a car crash within 30 mins of the snow starting this morning.

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I could'nt see a thing on the M74 on thursday night. Twenty miles an hour max. The rumble strip and cats eyes were the only things keeping me on the road. To say I had a turtles head on an couple of occasions would be a understatement.

11. Well, we here in sunny Sussex have had quite a bit, in fact more than I have seen in 30 years or more of having had a place here.
    We have done quite nicely thank you, and plus, why should our tax money be spent on expensive machinery and services that will only be used once a year, even with global warming?!!
    The biggest disappointment for us has been the behaviour of two friends from Yorkshire that are staying at the moment. On going into our local and faced with three or four really decent, proper, real ales, one of them chose John Smiths extra smooth 8O The other I have to say had more sense and chose HSB.
    In the words of the barman 'F'in northerners, they know nuffin'.

12. Funny. Every southerner that comes to our pub asks us to take the sparkler off and serve the beer flat, there's only one that hasn't so far. :roll:

13. What a load of crap, that has to be utter bollox, why the flying fcuk would anyone who isn't from up North want flat beer? ... you are Nailz and I claim my £10.00

Mong

14. No, I'm not Nailz. :roll:

And it isn't bollocks.

15. Wait, you have got to be kidding. I've been here since December and by now you should all have fcuking realised I'm not exactly creative enough to come up with half the sh!t Nailz came out with. Not only that, you should also have realised I don't give enough of a toss to make a second account for bullsh!t.

EDIT: What happened to your post Jimbo? :roll:

16. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Its like the hokey cokey. In out and dribble all about.

Edit to add, I demand and I bet its popular you swallow your own tongue Tim.

17. Indeed, or anyone else's that Timid may find (inadvertently, of course) embedded quite casually in his mouth.