Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SNLR

R12_CV

Lantern Swinger
Welcome Y84.

Personally I feel there ARE rare circumstances when individuals should be given a second chance, my first (and brief) impressions are you might be one of those people.

Good luck with your application.

(granny)

RIP
Book Reviewer
Ninja_Stoker said:
yummy84 said:
No both parents are not in the service, I would not be so selfish to assume i get special treatment for having a child, so if my partner was in the service i would not join.

Drawing away from individual circumstances for a moment, the thread will be read by others also, so the comments are intended for generic guidance & apply to males & females who maybe parents, possibly considering joining the service - not to mention others (such as granny, above) who may well have their own views on the matter & maybe interested to learn of the service stance on childcare. :wink:

My views are certainly different. To have a child whilst serving in the RN is one thing, too deliberately try to rejoin the Service and subject your child to lone parenthood, just to satisfy a whim, to me is akin to lacking moral fibre. The ideal is for both parents, wherever possible, to bring up their child. Why any mother should deliberately take this stance is beyond me.

yummy84

Midshipman
I am guessing the same reason fathers join up!! to have a career. And as long as a child is loved and cared for which are the most important issues then i personally do not see what the issue is. Regardless of whether the mother or the father are serving or working a civvy job, as long as a child is loved and cared for then they will grow up to be stable. And if you can provide your child with a secure future by giving them the best start in life then surely you would??

And as for a WHIM!! Most whims do not last 5 years, this is something that has taken a lot of thought and discussion so i certainly would not put it down to a whim.

(granny)

RIP
Book Reviewer
yummy84 said:
I am guessing the same reason fathers join up!! to have a career. And as long as a child is loved and cared for which are the most important issues then i personally do not see what the issue is. Regardless of whether the mother or the father are serving or working a civvy job, as long as a child is loved and cared for then they will grow up to be stable. And if you can provide your child with a secure future by giving them the best start in life then surely you would??

And as for a WHIM!! Most whims do not last 5 years, this is something that has taken a lot of thought and discussion so i certainly would not put it down to a whim.

Wouldn't running your own business give you and your family the same security and also give your child a Mother full time?

lonestar

War Hero
There are plenty of people in the armed forces with children, it is entirely the parent's choice, if you are in a stable family situation and can manage your career without negatively impacting your child's upbringing then good for you.

Fleet_Sprog

Lantern Swinger
As a serving depco I will be very dissapointed with the careers service if they allow you to join up again. As has been pointed out you were sacked and to get sacked form the RN takes some doing. It doesn't just happen. You would have had more than enough chances to sort your s**t out which would have involved a lot of people and a lot of supervision.

I can see it now. You will re-join, find out that nothing has changed in the last five years and become the welfare burden from hell that someone like me will have to sort out.

Do me and every other serving depco a favour. Stay away you are not wanted.

yummy84

Midshipman
Fleet_Sprog said:
As a serving depco I will be very dissapointed with the careers service if they allow you to join up again. As has been pointed out you were sacked and to get sacked form the RN takes some doing. It doesn't just happen. You would have had more than enough chances to sort your s**t out which would have involved a lot of people and a lot of supervision.

I can see it now. You will re-join, find out that nothing has changed in the last five years and become the welfare burden from hell that someone like me will have sort out.

Do me and every other serving depco a favour. Stay away you are not wanted.

Re-joining is not about seeing what has changed, I know nothing would have changed and my problem was not with my job. The issues i had at home were the problem and a lot to deal with at 20 years old, Hence turning to the drink. As for being offered help, i was not allowed home to be with my family and was given a one day course on drink, um, yes i guess that would of helped immensely :!:

So i can assure you i will be attempting to re-join i wont be going through what i went through back then, I also have a son to consider so i can not see me spending nights out on the piss, can you!!

JonnoJonno

Banned
Quite how you think you will be able to dash home to clean the house and put your bloke's dinner on in the evening, whilst simultaneously holding a job down in the Navy is beyond me love.

Fleet_Sprog

Lantern Swinger
Yes I can see you spending your nights on the piss.

I don't know your exact circumstances in the past but I you now have a child that you are going to have to leave behind. So you have substituted whatever problems you had in the past that you thought you needed to get home for, for another.

If the welfare service had thought it appropriate to get you home in the past then they would have moved heaven and earth to get you home. Whatever problems you had in the past they obviously didn't fit the criteria for compassionate leave. From your comments, you were a burden in the past and you will be a burden in the future.

yummy84

Midshipman
yes im sure i am going to be rushing hime to put tea on the table and clean because there is only one of me

chatsharris

Lantern Swinger
JonnoJonno said:
Quite how you think you will be able to dash home to clean the house and put your bloke's dinner on in the evening, whilst simultaneously holding a job down in the Navy is beyond me love.

....Can we be bessie oppos? :)

JonnoJonno

Banned
chatsharris said:
JonnoJonno said:

....Can we be bessie oppos? :)

Yep. By the way, you're not afraid of the dark are you? :twisted:

Spidiver

War Hero
I think this is a load of bollocks from one of the halfwits that post shite for a bite.

If this yummy character does exist, then she has less chance of joining up than my hamster, Ralph.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scouse Dishonorable Discharge and SNLR stories please The Gash Barge 27