Sneaky beaky smellies in the newspaper.....

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by wet_blobby, Oct 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

2. Banjo West was on Radio 4 this morning telling us why he couldn't tell us anything.

3. If anyone is surprised by the general gist of this endeavour then they really haven't been paying attention have they.
  4. wet_blobby

Did the STC write the after action report?
  5. wet_blobby

Stop being so grown up and sensible. :)

6. Ooh look a squirrel
  7. Ok then how we horn our skills

Out playing with Yanks, we had one of their skimmer war canoe skippers on-board. He must have been gobbing off to the old man as to how good his crew was at detecting boats, game on.
    Skipper puts a little wager to yank, (value not known) that we would get right up the Jacksie of his canoe, get a visual on his prop and then cycle the whole of our crew through the control room to have a peak through the scopes. All passengers and non-coms were taken to messes and had silent state explained.
    End result one very pissed off yank skipper, if my memory is working they found us just after the old man put a smoke grenade across her bows.
  8. How long untill the familiys of lost trawlermen claim that trial runs for this procedure, caused thier deaths?
  9. wet_blobby

Dont be so defeatist, the small people dont count.
  10. Just another day in office, the cold war was fun, going up North always kept you on your toes.
  11. In your rack more likely
  12. Sumo, I was conserving oxygen as the old Mk 3 lysers weren't all that good and didn't like O2 genny fires :)
    • Like Like x 1

13. Would that be the HP Lyser? not the most friendly bits of kit? As for O2 candles who the hell but that dangerous stuff on Boats, great when the shot gun cartridge went off OK and the candle was not damaged otherwise don EBS and fight the lethal S**T8)

Time to go home:nike::nike::1:
  14. That would be the HP lyser. I did 3 years in the lyser shop doing nothing but Mk 3 and 5 lysers, also had a boat as wrecker with the Mk 5. Lye, luvverly stuff, especially when hot with 128 bar behind it. LP lysers were pure sex after them.
  15. Good bit of vid of Doughnut on the step.
  16. Similar dit, only Elmer not onboard. Back inboard at the debrief - chugs on about us not being able to get near him etc etc. Our Skipper produces peri-phot - 'these your screws then?'

17. Creep up behind it, go active, open bow caps, listen to em squirm, fire water shot and play Rule Britannia on 185?
  18. ==============================

Before sending any array portion to the US I reckon that we would have been particularly interested in any USSR coupling arrangements.

ATT certain circumferential couplings failures were causing some dismay (and, ermm, 'disarray' .. :wink:)
  19. Saw the contraption thought it was earlier.