Snatch Land Rover's replacement is revealed by MoD

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by daffy1, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Also http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=4786909&c=ASI&s=LAN

With the added gem;

The same Budget that has been cut to the bone by the Treasury. I think you will also find that the in service support of an operationally unproven vehicle will also come out of that very same Budget.

2. Usual bidders all getting a bite of the cherry as additional equipment
    suppliers .

£500,000 each for the first batch

Suggest they look back to the days of the Rhodesia pre -Zimbabwe
    army transport --the V shape for blast deflection armoured container shock mounted on a converted lorry chassis!-cheap and cheerful

G

3. Nice round figure...£500,000....helps the book-keepers....bunch of robbers/spivs

4. I've always wanted a snatch-wagon.

Seriously though, it looks like a useful bit of kit. Let's just hope it offers more protection and actually works this time.

5. Greenie Yeh but;

6. Yes but we have all seen what happens to a reliant Robin on top gear 8O Surely they should concentrate their efforts on making sure the wheels don't fall off.

7. Simple: don't lend an Ocelot to Top Gear.

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Looks like one of the old pigs meets F1.

Hope it works, at least the cab seems set back a bit from the front axle.

9. So when MOD\HMG were saying that there wasn't a problem with the snatch landrovers they were busy behind the scenes procuring these bl00dy expensive vehicles ... err .... umm ... to replace the vehicles that they didn't have a problem with.... {fume}

And in the meantime, poor Percy is being blown to bits. I feel last weeks Panorama programme went a little bit to easy on MOD.

10. The need for a replacement was public knowledge to those who were interested; http://www.publictenders.net/tenders/archive/77013 17 FEB 09.

Although no great fuss was made, it wasn't exactly a secret.

For that production quantity, it's hardly worth DAF or JCB upsetting their mass production lines. If they did, do you think they would charge us for the extra overhead? It's easy to take the p**s out of DE&S but not so easy to actually do their job.

11. They have been playing with V shaped hulls were I work to see what damage can be taken with IED's etc. I suppose the Ocelot is a bi-product of that testing.

The Mastiff or Buldog has has a similar V-Hull.