Snakes invade Urban Australia

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Always_a_Civvy, Jan 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The serpents are slithering into the dens of iniquity... well no, not actually through my letterbox yet, but in Sydney, somewhere beneath our feet. Apparently the drought is driving the creatures inwards in search of Fosters XXXX, though any moisture will do really.

An alternative interpretation is that they are reclaiming their native property from the human colonisers and the good ol' days when the only values were wild values! :twisted:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6282075.stm

2. Its happened in London too ACC, they got all the way into Downing Street! :twisted:
    RoofRat

3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Australian Aborigines have lived there for tens of thousands of years and are very hardy and in tune with the nature. Europeans have only a couple of hundred years experience of life down under.

4. Quality mate, pure quality :lol:

5. Hehehehehehehehe! More details PLEASE! Was it poisonous? :grin: :lol:

6. I am reminded of the time I had to wrestle the 4 metre Brown Snake out of my Mums flower bed. All in a days work really. If one worried too much about being bitten, stung or eaten in Australia one would never set foot outside. Must go now, my nephew is in the yard dealing with a 6 metre Taipan, as he is only 5 he may need a hand. :wink: