Snakes invade Urban Australia

The serpents are slithering into the dens of iniquity... well no, not actually through my letterbox yet, but in Sydney, somewhere beneath our feet. Apparently the drought is driving the creatures inwards in search of Fosters XXXX, though any moisture will do really.

An alternative interpretation is that they are reclaiming their native property from the human colonisers and the good ol' days when the only values were wild values! :twisted:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6282075.stm

Seadog

War Hero
any bunch that can live there for a couple of hundred years
Australian Aborigines have lived there for tens of thousands of years and are very hardy and in tune with the nature. Europeans have only a couple of hundred years experience of life down under.

Jack77

War Hero
I am reminded of the time I had to wrestle the 4 metre Brown Snake out of my Mums flower bed. All in a days work really. If one worried too much about being bitten, stung or eaten in Australia one would never set foot outside. Must go now, my nephew is in the yard dealing with a 6 metre Taipan, as he is only 5 he may need a hand. :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dapperdunn Snakes on a plain Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
G Snakes on a Plane The Gash Barge 1
fishmiester How does a CVS crew deal with Snakes Diamond Lil's 1
soleil "Marines invade Gosport Beach" The Corps 1
slim When are we going to invade Pakistan? Current Affairs 19
Nails Lets invade arrse Diamond Lil's 30
Vesper Who shall we invade next? The Quarterdeck 19
MoD_RSS eAlert: 30 March 2020 - Round two of the Urban Tree Challenge Fund opens today MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Second round of Urban Tree Challenge Fund opens today MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Future of Our Cities: Dstl publishes new report on the future of urban living MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 68 new parks to inject green space into urban areas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Project to improve the lives of urban citizens and elderly people wins 2019 Newton Prize MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Developing affordable urban heat networks - apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS eAlert: 17 July 2019 - Urban Tree Challenge Fund application deadline MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tackling urban challenges in Malaysia: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government delivers new £10m fund to plant over 130,000 urban trees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Investment in Catterick training area creates challenging urban training environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Future of mobility: urban strategy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Potential of light rail schemes hailed for future urban travel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Streets ahead: British AI eyes scan future frontline in multinational urban experiment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Salisbury Plain urban training facility upgrades praised MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improvements to urban training on Salisbury Plain MoD News 0
Sharkey Urban myths Diamond Lil's 15
BillyNoMates Urban Graffiti. Diamond Lil's 0
MoD_RSS Royal Marines practise urban combat skills The Corps 19
SONAR-BENDER RN Urban Myths..... or not? The Quarterdeck 104
S stepto, urban sailor and myself Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Shakey New Urban Myth Diamond Lil's 6
Shakey Urban myth turns out to be true! Diamond Lil's 4
H Urban dictionary The Quarterdeck 0
clanky Naval Urban Myths The Quarterdeck 351