SMQ

I realise I’m raising quite an old thread from the dead...but in the process of sorting my grip for going north on Friday. Will I realistically need to take my high leg combat boots, or are steaming bats and shoes enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Drat - You've just called to mind those miserable hours & hours spent Topside at Coulport, supervising the ons & offs of those White Rockets, "come rain or shine" but delete the shine bit entirely...:eek::eek:

At least you would've been nice and dry in the EHJ Freeeeeezing cold but dry.
He must have been referring to the bad old Polaris days. That was done outside in all weathers.

The civvies had the routine down to a tee. Planned start 0630, flat tyre 0640. They always ensured they would get overtime and then once on it, missiles were down as quick as possible. I hated being on the casing when we were there.

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
He must have been referring to the bad old Polaris days. That was done outside in all weathers.

The civvies had the routine down to a tee. Planned start 0630, flat tyre 0640. They always ensured they would get overtime and then once on it, missiles were down as quick as possible. I hated being on the casing when we were there.
Very similar to the Crane tripping just as the football was about to start as it took 4 hours for the engineer to turn up after the second trip

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
youngmarino Submariners 2
S Submariners 13
LateToTheParty Submariners 18