Smoking ?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by jesse, Feb 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a random thought;- How have the nicotine Nazis anti smoking laws affected ships and establishments? Are you still able to buy duty frees? If this seems a bone question I' been outside a very long time.Nelson was o.k. but that Hardy was a right bastard.
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Blue liners went early 90's??????? Stamps at the same time I think.

No tabbing within ships or boats. Think the surface fleet can still tab uptop somewhere, but best let them confirm. Last boat, only tabbing up the fin and only if the non-smokers never objected. Not very easy when your dived.

You can still buy cheap tabs onboard, but where can you smoke them? :plotting:
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum in previous threads. I would search for it, but can't be arsed... :roll:
  4. When the Nicotinites were the majority they held sway and could smoke at will.... more or less. Now they're in the minority they've suddenly started to hate democracy.
  5. All I remember was stamps going when I was on the Anglesey in 2002/2003 and was replaced by signing for them. After that I do not know
  6. On my last ship I had the misfortune to have a dirty tabber in my watch, he was only 20 or so but had a 40 a day habbit. He tried going for his first on-watch fag 10 mins after closing up so told him to sit his arse back down to which he replied that having a fag break was his human rights and I couldn't stop him.....prick. 4 hours in front of UAT showed his what I thought of his human rights, fcukin nozzer.