SMOKER TOLD TO COUGH UP £75 FOR 'LITTERING'

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, May 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how many packs of ciggies is that then £75.........

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What's she doing out of the kitchen?! :twisted:

3. Sorry, totally off thread, but JC your new avatar is really creepy??
    Sorry hun, seemingly alot of people on RR have been reinventing themselves this week but...???

4. She should move to Edinburgh, they only charge £50 for using the city as an ashtray.

5. Might sound a bit unfair at first but if there's nothing else to deter people from doing it, a hefty fine might just be the answer.

6. sgtpepperband

If she can afford fags, she can afford the fine... :roll:

7. its ok pinta............ i change my avatar regularly.....
    its nice to have different things... and i like to be different......

8. I suppose we English are subsidising you Jocks yet again :lol:

9. Is there anything that we can do in this country without big brother watching us? :twisted: :twisted:

10. sgtpepperband

Wanking in bed (although I do know some websites that offer footage of this also... :wink:) :lol:

11. Untipped cigarettes would probably not cause much of a litter problem as the paper is thin and the tobacco shredded so would disperse in an extremely short time. The problem is in the tip of the cigarette these are constructed from a material called Tow and then formed with acetate. This is not a biodegradable substance and tends to take a long tome to break down. Unfortunately many smokers do not see dumping the remains of their cigarettes as either littering or antisocial behavior. Look at any large car park and I will guarantee that you will find mounds of cigarette ends where smokers have emptied the contents of their car ashtray.
    Litter is litter.

12. sgtpepperband

But people should smoke the filter as well; that's where they put the 'good shit'... :wink:

13. Me Too!!
    Now if I could just add a few inches....
    xx

14. SgtP
    Having worked in the tobacco industry for 12 years I have seen what goes into tobacco to make it more palatable. Many companies add chocolate or molasses to give it a nicer flavour. In Indonesia they add cloves. ALL factories sweep up tobacco waste from around the area of the machines. This is recycled and re-used.

15. sgtpepperband

I was being sarcastic (obviously lost in translation...) :lol:

16. I would like to see the Litter Wardens or whatever they are called to follow the Binmen in my home town. The mess they leave is disgusting.
    But then again the council would just increase our taxes to pay the fines!!

17. sgtpepperband

How about the Daily Mail point of view:

Illegal immigrant prisoners should be made to clean up the litter on the streets; they may also give on-the-spot fines to litter offenders. If they collect £10,000 in fines then the Government will give them a one-way air ticket to a country of their choice. [And on Pages 3, 4, 7,-10: "Who REALLY killed Princess Diana?"]

:twisted:

18. I should have thought the best deterrent would be to make her eat (with lots and lots of chewing - filter included) the ciggies! Likewise those who allow their dogs to deficate on the pavement should be made to eat..... :twisted:

...or perhaps just make her sweep the street she contaminated with a small toothbrush! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I bet she wouldn't reoffend! :D

PS: Moondog, I have heard a buzz that soon you'll be taxed for what you do under the bed cover. They'll used DFID thinggies to detect thermal changes and radio the info back to your local Inland Revenue office... :twisted: So it looks like you could be paying heavily in future... :D

19. Ye Gods! and people put this stuff in their mouth and inhale the fumes!
    When I return to to the UK quite a lot of the ciggies seem to have 'Fumar puede matar' rather than 'Smoking can kill' written on them, or, some other EU language.
    Looks like everyone is not paying the thumping Uk price in which case they can afford the fine.
    Even here in Catalunya were cigs are cheap as chips you don't see so many discarded ones littering the place; the pavements themselves are a sufficient hazard without worrying about litter!