Smart Motorways, a good idea or a Stupid one?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Last time I was there, fastest stretch was 40mph on a V short dual carriageway?
Jersey has a blanket upper limit of 40 mph, which amused me as my Jerseyite oppo who used to take his car back to Jersey on leave drove an Audi Quattro (yes, it was that long ago!)

Sumo

War Hero
Jersey has a blanket upper limit of 40 mph, which amused me as my Jerseyite oppo who used to take his car back to Jersey on leave drove an Audi Quattro (yes, it was that long ago!)
only on a short stretch, some roads as low as 15mph?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
only on a short stretch, some roads as low as 15mph?
Last time I drove over there it was like being back in Kernowland on the back roads, only in Jersey they weren't back roads so 15 mph would be classed as reckless.

Sumo

War Hero
Last time I drove over there it was like being back in Kernowland on the back roads, only in Jersey they weren't back roads so 15 mph would be classed as reckless.
almost, not sure if we had a 5mph on some lane, the locals may have called it a road?
Remember getting back to pompey and onto a motorway, and thinking shite they are going fast?

huwshpis

War Hero
15 mph is the limit on very minor roads known as Green Lanes in Jersey. Limit in built-up areas 30mph, although parts of St Peter and St John have 20 mph. Everywhere else 40 mph.

When I was on the M5, my heat shield was glowing! :)