Sludgemarriners Opinion

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Jack_McHammocklashing, Dec 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Holidays in Spain and Greece, always seriously unsure about these submarine trips to view the fishes and marine life

I mean you spend a lot of time training to be a submarriner, then these cowboys expect untrained members of the public to just take a seat and dive to sixty feet and view the marine life

I certainly do not feel it is safe and have managed to give it a bye

What is your opinion, OK for a one off or avoid like the plague?

Jack McH

2. We have one here in Cyprus, which takes members of the public down to view a large wreck which sank outside Larnaca harbour in the 70's.
    I haven't ventured onboard, and probably won't, as an oppo of mine frequently dives in the area, and has seen the boat bump into the wreck on several occasions!
    It would be interesting to say the least to see how a rescue would be carried out if the need arose!

3. I suppose age is a factor in the decision but I wouldn't even consider risking such a venture with, as you say, cowboys. When young maybe a different story but now, chuck you farley, no sense of adventure, strictly a cybmariner. :w00t:

4. Girl I worked with in London went on one of these trips in the Windies and LOVED it, and was on about it for weeks. This outfit seems a bit cowboyish, so probably a good bet to give it a miss.

5. Paid for a trip for the family on a 'glass-bottomed boat' to see the little fishies in Tunisia. :nemo:

Turned up at the appointed time and place to discover aforementioned 'glass-bottomed boat' was a skip with a hole cut in the base, and a piece of perspex inserted in it's stead, towed by an inflatable with an outboard.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You sure that wasn't Navy Days in Guzz?! Sounds like a T22 to me... 8O :wink:

7. I did not mean to say cowboyish
    They may be good established companies, but what would happen if SUBMISS, SUBSUNK

A submarine is an exceptionally dangersous machine, thus crewed by dozens of highly skilled, trained crew Not by a backpacker that decided to crew a boat to extend his holiday drinking sprees out on the pish all night with his latest score and arriving just in time for the next days sail

Nope I will give them a miss

Jack McH

8. They used to have a Yellow Boat in Barbados many years ago,I never really fancied it as I prefered Pussers version(although it would have been a shorter patrol for me !!)
    Im going back out there in 4 weeks ,so I will have a look out for it.