SLR Drill

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by mattbea, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well I have seen a current topic about the SLR..... well you cannot slope arms with it as you will rip your uniform with the bolt (which was on the left handside) you numpties
  2. Eh?

Where has this come from?
  3. I bet Matt is, in fact, an overly keen sea cadet. You know the type - the one who tries to correct his Raleigh instructors, asks the drill shed GIs about the differences between SLR and SA80 drill, and other such tedium that nobody can be arsed with once they lose their sproggish enthusiasm.
  4. You bone cnut! when the fook did you do anything more than look at vids?
    Oh I was forgetting you did 3 weeks basic, wasn't it? :roll:
    GASH BARGE, please Seadog.
  5. Haha, you silly cnuts..... an ex-submariner told me it! I learnt the sa-80 (which the Army use more than RN cnuts, which asks a point of why RN need them?!) and you know I am right :)
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Would that be the same as a cocking handle or did you get issued your own spleshul bang stick?

While we're at it why are you talking to matelots about

A. A rifle.

B. Drill
  7. Probz the bolt carrier assembly... I told you... I didn't do SLR but I know I am right
  8. A saying from long ago. It is not often you are right. But you are wrong again!!! You stupid boy!!!

Only thing I have seen ripped with a SLR on ceremonial is a bayonet and that knob didn't last long. SLR unlike the FN if my brain cell is correct had a retractable cocking lever unless you cock like the giggling girls on youtube pull backwards push forwards.
  9. wet_blobby

But why on earth slope arms when you've got a perfectly good pistol grip to hold on to?
  10. I'm glad you're back Matt as our other resident idiot, Zoidberg, commited Trollicide a few days ago and the Numptypost Quotient has been running dangerously low ever since.
    Ah, so I was right you never actually handled an SLR in your brief Army career and you base your post on Rifle Drill from information gained from a member of the paragons of small arms weapon handling the RN Submariners!
    Do me a favour you moron, feck off and die.
  11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I was taught weapon handling drills and passed my APWT on the:

LSW (Same thing really)

And who gives a fuck about slope arms on an SLR you bone twat? Weapons are used to inflict damage on the enemy. If you care about drill with them, go on a Guards forum you trombone.

And ask yourself this Mr Knowitall, why do YOU think the RN need A2's? You utter, utter fuckwitt.
  12. wet_blobby

I think Matty boy was a tadge drunk posting last night.

He was obviously fired up on stories of submariners pointing their SLR's out of the portholes at Russian Typhoons as they chased each other under the oggin.
  13. Mathew - Ignore these rough men and be a good boy and go brush your teeth. Spouting this much shit has given you halitosis again and you know how that makes your special needs teacher's eyes water.
  14. Cant slope arms with a gimpy either, the link gets caught up on all yer sea cadet medals and that "bolt" really leaves a mark........

Any tips for the SMLE? The canvas pouches clash with my shoes.

Ive seen plenty of Africans slope arms with the SLR, but they were only 8 and the warlord said they were to come in for their tea if they were going to be out all night on the massacre.....
  15. That's enough piss-taking. We all know Mathew has been a naughty, naughty boy but he does know his SMLE drills. It's just that he has lost his SLR Lego down the side of his wheelchair and is now totally confused.

16. F**king priceless. :D
  17. That's supposed to be secret and I preferred the SLR to the SA80 'cos you could put the butt on the ground when you were "stood easy" (not that I've ever done SA80 drill)
  18. I thought you could with the SA80. You just stuck your finger down that little hole in the top. :?
  19. We have a late entrant for cock of the week.