slightly miffed!!!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by PO(WEA)83, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello shipmates,

After serving 9 years in the mob and now trying my hand at an International Relations degree. I am extremely Pissed off at the Manchester and Salford's URNU attempt at casting me adrift before a f**king interview.

Once Navy, Always navy

Up the grey funnel line !!!

2. And you are surprised? Jumped up bunch of snotty fckers. :pukel:

Have a lovely day
  3. 9 Years...................... so little time left eh?
  4. URNUs get inundated and have to be selective. They are looking for new blood. From the URNUs point of view, they have 16 places and get 80 applications. Would you take some one on who (presumably like yourself) has no intention of joining the RN when finishing their degree because of choice or age, or some one who may join the Royal Navy on completion. No brainer.
  5. Cheers mate

everybody else has given me an eye-wipe

nice one

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Possibly the RNR would be a better option for someone that has previously served & reached Senior Rate.

The aim of the URNU is to "educate and inform" rather than "remind and irritate" those with possibly more seagoing experience or time served than the unit Commanding Officer.
  7. According to their blurb they are not a recruiting agency for the RN. I too never even got a call back from the same place.

I joined the TA instead. Anyone doing a degree is hounded to be an hoccifer - which is strange as I never made it passed the dizzy heights of AB in the mob.
  8. FFS. Get over it.
  9. Any particular reason you are such a fan of that unit?
  10. I didn't think I was sticking up for that particular unit. I can't say that I am a big fan of the URNU. I just had to comment, after all I wanted to be a green lidded, dolphin wearing fighter pilot, but being a short fat, spectacle wearing lazy [email protected] who's GCSE grades when put together spell FUDGE meant that I just had to accept that I couldn't get everything I wanted. So I joined the TA!
  11. PO(WEA)83.

Shame. No Sympathy. You chose the wrong hobby. Serves you right for being a TIFF.