Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slightly confused about my SC/CTC form

Dr.Zoidberg said:
Firstly, my dad came into the UK as an illegal immigrant (bash it all you want. He's a hard worker.) and I'm yet to tell him about my application to the navy-Thus I can't ask him lots of personal questions without him being suspicious.

Firstly, I don't know when he took up residence in the UK. Does that matter? (I know a ball park figure, but not exact)

I don't know when he moved into his current house- Not even vaugely. Will the security check throw that up?

Is my dad's criminal record (fight in a pub as far as I'm aware) likely to cause me any problems?

When I was born, my parents weren't married so my mum didn't register me under my dad's name because at the time foreign parents were taking kids out of the country in large volumes so she got worried. Likely to cause a problem?

And there's other stuff I don't know about my step mother. Middle names, year of birth, town of birth...I think that's it.

Basically, I've put what I know on the form. Should I just tell the interview that and let the security check throw it up or is it essential that I find it out?

Sorry if this seems pointless but I'm worrying about it :oops: :cry:

Get as much info as you can and then go into to your AFCO and talk it through with your careers advisor, he/she will go through it with you as they have to countersign your form. Your dads pervious will not affect you, but you do need to get as much info on your family members including Step-parents

Hope this helps

Supermario

:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J BMI slightly too low.. TMU? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Siannn. Just some really slightly tipsy daft stuff that I need to get off my chest... Diamond Lil's 76
Rodgersthecabinboy We are so ever slightly amused!!!! Diamond Lil's 2
N update - 'slightly drunk............' being kicked out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 57
N Slightly drunk and upset at o/h deployment Nearest & Dearest 26
P Slightly miffed The Gash Barge 0
P slightly miffed!!! Diamond Lil's 10
seafruit slightly embarrasin question here. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
sgtpepperband Is it sick to find this HEADLINE even slightly funny? The Gash Barge 14
LadyLola TMU. Confused! Joining the Royal Navy 6
L Another boring question but I'm confused.. Joining the Royal Navy 3
S Confused Joining the Royal Navy 20
O Very Confused,need a lot of help!! AIR ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
trehorn England V New Zealand = Confused. Sports and Adventure Training 43
L Royal Navy Psychometric Test Help Confused! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
S Confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
Z University undergrad confused with admissions process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
L A little confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C A little confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
soleil Indie: "Random. Fallacious. Arrogant" - The Government's Confused Defence Strategy Current Affairs 3
C Applying from overseas. Please help - very confused. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
v8topcat confused.com Diamond Lil's 6
J call from afco today im confused ,changed interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
G a little bit confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
N A Bit Confused Blogs 2
M confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
S confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
B Confused! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 18
D im confused what to do after interviwe Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
L A tad confused Current Affairs 14
M Medicals/AIB, all confused! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Direct Entry - Confused Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
Topaz Confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
M DONDON SOCIALLY CONFUSED The Quarterdeck 6
Two_Clips_Two_Pins He/She, male/wren...oh bugger im confused.. The Gash Barge 44
R Joining- but confused Submariners 38
C getting ill at CTC The Corps 10
R For those about to join the Marines and those who are at CTC..... The Corps 28
Oscar1 Endurance Course - CTC The Corps 21
left_handed_sailor Lift to/from CTC Motoring 0
HarryBosch RM Nod tries to break into CTC jenny's quarters (Video) The Corps 6