Slightly confused about my SC/CTC form

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Zoidberg, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly, my dad came into the UK as an illegal immigrant (bash it all you want. He's a hard worker.) and I'm yet to tell him about my application to the navy-Thus I can't ask him lots of personal questions without him being suspicious.

Firstly, I don't know when he took up residence in the UK. Does that matter? (I know a ball park figure, but not exact)

I don't know when he moved into his current house- Not even vaugely. Will the security check throw that up?

Is my dad's criminal record (fight in a pub as far as I'm aware) likely to cause me any problems?

When I was born, my parents weren't married so my mum didn't register me under my dad's name because at the time foreign parents were taking kids out of the country in large volumes so she got worried. Likely to cause a problem?

And there's other stuff I don't know about my step mother. Middle names, year of birth, town of birth...I think that's it.

Basically, I've put what I know on the form. Should I just tell the interview that and let the security check throw it up or is it essential that I find it out?

Sorry if this seems pointless but I'm worrying about it :oops: :cry:

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

OMFG!!!!!

:banghead: :ncool:

3. Sorry. I'll just ******* delete it ¬_¬

4. All valid questions, which will have to be answered by Ninja Stoker (or someone with similar knowledge), or your own AFCO.

However, you'll have to answer most if not all the questions on the form, so you'd better a) tell your Dad (his "record" won't matter, I'm fairly sure) and b) get all the info from your step Mum.

You won't be the first person whose joined with a birth cert without a father's name. Google "son of the gun" for a Naval connection to that situation!

5. My birth certificate was changed in 1994 so it HAS got his name on it. It didn't have it when I was born.

I really can't tell my dad. He would cut off contact and I need to tell him when I'm certain I have a place. He's already told my older sister he wants nothing to do with her. Why? Because she changed courses at university.

6. Does he own his current house? You can normally find out when a property last changed hands by paying the Land Registry £3.00, or use one of the free house value web sites.

7. This has to be a bite, surely? I was sure it was composed by Nails before I check the author.

If you are serious, then you could tell him you are doing a Disclosure form for <whatever job> and that you need that info. I would recommend that you just come clean though. Better in the long run.

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Your Old fella sounds like a right prick.

illegal immigrant who gets to put his daughter through uni gets the hump she changes courses?

Because I've been out of the UK for over twelve months apparently I cant put my daughter through Uni in the UK. Not bad for someone that has served and paid an absolute fcuk load of tax.

9. He does, I'll ring them tomorrow. Thanks :)

The fcuk he did. My sister's Slovenian and over there the government pay for most of it. Her and her mum paid the rest.

My dad is a lying, cheating cnut who deserves to be shot in the bollocks and left to bleed to death :)

10. Are you outwith the EU too Wet_Blobby? If you are inside you are entitled to all the benefits of a British resident at Uni.

11. wet_blobby

I'm a long, long way from the EU mate. I happen to think the uni's are pretty damn good here, just got to get residency I think and everything will be rosy.

12. Quote from Zoid

My dad is a lying, cheating cnut who deserves to be shot in the bollocks and left to bleed to death

If he`s an illegal immigrant and you really feel that way, then, Shop Him. Simples.

13. Jesus wept, who'd be an AFCO bloke having to deal with this everyday?

14. Where does it say he's still an illegal immigrant?

He got a visa to stay a long time ago.

15. Dr Z... don't panic!

In fact will shall discuss this online and i shall chill you the feck out, that and your interview nerves... a boost is needed i feel..

It's fine.. :)

As you already know Z my dad is also a first class cnut

Wannabe

16. wet_blobby

Presumably now working for the Home office or immigration.. 8)

17. Delivery driver in central London. Works 1am-1pm and then a courier until about 11pm sometimes. Happy days,

18. I have a few friends with thick Italian accents................ If thats any use to you.

19. Aye. I'll give them £50. Because that's all I have,

20. Dr Z

Wait for Ninja or Supermario to come online; their word is gospel.