Sleepy Sailors - Facebook

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Ninja_Stoker, Nov 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those with a FB account that haven't already heard of it, the following Facebook page which has apparently only been online since September and seems to be quite a success:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleep...465419?fref=ts

Before you stitch your oppo, it's worth being aware that already two people have been discharged from the service for 'inappropriate behaviour' on the site. For those serving, stay safe - think before you upload a picture that may incriminate and be aware - disable geo-tags on photographs taken on mobiles (or this can happen:Insurgents Destroyed Helicopters geotagged in Online Photos )

That said, taken in the right context, it gives an eloquent visual insight into Jack's sense of humour, there are some cracking phots. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Discharged! Bloody hell. What were they doing?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Dunno to be perfectly honest, but it must've been suitably impressive.

4. There were some videos of quite impressively drunk matelots onboard on there a while ago. Also of some lads asleep whilst obviously on watch. It was possibly those?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Thought ought to do it I guess.

Blummin' Air Traffic Controllers, eh?

• Like Like x 2

6. It's not the Somme! Pretty harsh. I had to run a lad for been asleep on the gangway armed as QM, (he was caught by the XO) and he only got 2 weeks ROP/SOL (9's etc) and a fine. Discharge seems a lot. Hey ho.

7. That seems about right, for what after all is a trivial offence.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  9. Nice!!! .

10. Some berk saw fit to tattoo his S/N on his body, and no pixellation.

11. It isn't trivial, especially when they're armed. The only times I ever formally disciplined anyone is when they turned up to firing practice still drunk from the night before (even a leading hand!) and when I caught them asleep on watch by which I don't mean just nodding off but laid out on the deck with a pillow. I never gave a damn about salutes and stuff but you can't let things like that pass.

12. Pretty much the same here jaggers (as far as the killick bit). Probably too laid back with regard to discipline for my own good at times, but no qualms when a killick came up for weapon hand over almost on his hands and knees. The twat.

13. For the whole of my quarter century service I could never understand the obsession with other's sleep patterns. The natural function of sleep seems to be on a par with genocide or even cricket to so many in the RN.

"Whoooaaa! Bet you've had your head down haven't you?"

"Yes"

"Whaaa. He's had his head down lads. Whoaarr ha ha ha! ****ing head down. Ahahaha."

"Well I was tired so it seemed like a good idea".

"Wahaha! Tired!? Head down again eh?" ...etc ad nauseam

Bunch of bores.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Guzzler, not sure if you remember Daz Blythen, Club swinger and fat bastard extrodinere. His favorite pastime was to colour you in with a permenant marker, if you fell asleep in the mess square.
    I did one night in Lisbon after a few beers and he'd turned me into spiderman. Face, legs and arms. I wouldn't have minded but I couldn't get it off and had to play rugby that day. I must say I looked a bit of a twat and got some very funny looks from the locals :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's normally the day working tarts who get in it straight after rounds for 10 hours straight kip too. The ****ing rotters.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I took a pic during this deployment and put it on facebook of the one the lads, next min it's been stolen and posted on that facebook page. It was a good pic mind you.

17. Two of ours are on there too.

18. It looks like my post went over your head but (see bold) I am not surprised.=)

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What about Occifers/SRs who turn up for watch weapon handovers at 2359/0400 when they're "tired and emotional"..? :wink: