sleepwear for new male recruits

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by flyingboy, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dunno if this is a stupid question but as im about to join wondering what the sleep wear norm is for lads as i believe the forces no longer issue pjs, not that i wear them anyway!!! Do you need to bring anything to wear in bed or is shorts and t-shirt or shorts and bare chest simply the norm. would welcome advice from other newbies or people whove been through the system, dont wanna feel embarassed on me first nite haha!

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Stripey PJs are always a winner, after you've been in a few weeks "action man" or "Bob the builder" ones seem to be the Norm.

3. Are you joining the RN or the RM? If its the latter, then a Nightie would go down well.

4. [​IMG]

That should do the job.

5. nah seriously lads come on, ive never lived away from home before!!!, well except for the odd nite at my girlfriends!!! haha

6. Wear what you feel comfortable in....it doesn't matter anyway, cos a big hairy arsed stoker is gonna rip them off you and rodger you so hard that your arse will look like the flag of Japan.

Sleep tight

7. A pair of boxers will do fine.

8. You should..... no, fcuk it I can't be arsed...

9. PMSL

10. Naked

11. so are u boys telling me its ok to wear whatever? I wont get the piss taken out of me if i sleep with a tshirt on???

12. I dont know myself, but id imagine either shorts, or shorts and t-shirt.

13. You can wear whatever you feel comfortable in, T-shirt/shorts etc. However, most of the lads wear very little, the girlies will normally wear a nightie so that when the messes are checked late at night they feel more comfortable when the PO/CPO is of the opposite sex.

Supermario

:)

14. From my extensive Reading about naval training I'd say wear whatever you'd feel comfy in doubling round the Parade Ground anytime after the candles have been extinguished and the hands are in their hammocks beneath their duvets.

PM 4to8... They've never allowed him outside Raleigh in all his 21 years of service. There's a rumour that he'll be freed next year. ;)

AB Neverserved

15. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I find a cerise , sequinned ball gown very comfortable, and quite sexy too!

16. i worry about the people that will be going to raleigh when i do .....

17. me too! Im all man so ill give the ball gown a miss, ill judge what other people wear in Raleigh or what were told to wear as the case may be!!! maybe thats its seen as more manly for the lads to sleep shirtless

18. Wear whatever you want, if anyone laughs deck 'em. That's what Nails told me. :roll:

19. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

...And that boys and girls is why they say "Rank has its privileges" :twisted:

20. "Ohhh Chiefy, my starched knickers seem to have caused some chaffing in my crutch could you have a look and see if I need to report to the sick bay?"
    "FECK OFF FLYINGBOY!!" 8O