skype in kandahar?

i am off to sunny kandahar soon and was wondering if i can use skype to keep in touch with home.

i know there is internet out there with access to online email addresses eg yahoo and hotmail, but i'm not sure whether there is a security issue concerning skype and similar services.

can anyone shed any light on the subject?

bitter_and_twisted said:
i am off to sunny kandahar soon and was wondering if i can use skype to keep in touch with home.

i know there is internet out there with access to online email addresses eg yahoo and hotmail, but i'm not sure whether there is a security issue concerning skype and similar services.

can anyone shed any light on the subject?
Skye will use 15% of the server bandwidth. Make sure the isp will comply with this. I can not see the MOD net work allowing third party connection to their lines. But check it out. :thumright:

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
BT - in KAF I believe there is a "welfare" wireless network you can join for a minimal fee per month. Wasnt there earlier in the year but my guys tell me it is now. I will call them tomorrow and get more details, which I will post.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
BT - in KAF I believe there is a "welfare" wireless network you can join for a minimal fee per month. Wasnt there earlier in the year but my guys tell me it is now. I will call them tomorrow and get more details, which I will post.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Confirmed t'is there on your RSOI brief they will give you a heads up. My guys advise protecting your laptop with WPA, bandwidth hoovering is rife :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Bloody Computers 7
higthepig Social & Reunions 15
higthepig Site Issues 1