skylarks you did on carriers /airstations

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Apr 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We nearly ran out of chocks and lashings whilst in Malta harbour 66 on the Victorious as loads were launched at the Dghjsa along side / 80 ft below the flight deck!! wonder how many yellow chocks are down their (why you kick my dog and call him F***K off his names fido / whilst on the subject of chocks used to chock up :stop: Gladys Naafi wagon whilst on the line at Lossie :whew: :thumright: / things you did when you were a j/d!!

2. Plenty of chipping hammers in pompey harbour!

3. Bodge taped the bosses chair to the hangar ceiling with a cherry pickers help! He got well pissed off.

the boss used to have a boiled egg for lunch which he 'opened' by throwing the egg onto his table... a fter a suble diversion earlier a raw egg was substituted..... He went mental.

put tape over the reciever on his phone , so when he picked it up it was still ringing.... He was irate.

rubbed liquid soap onto his car windscreen and didnt rinse it off... _nearlygot charged for that.

A friend of ours dropped a turd in his 'afternoon' running shoes - extra duties all round.

We get on well sometimes!

4. can give you the long/lat of quite a few "catwalk painting log folders". justy the thing to do when the rest of the ship have ing a reserve lazy sunday "WTF"

the SMR was a little bit pertubed with it always going missing

5. Are the starboard catwalk defect log. :rambo: cant beat chipping and painting in singapore harbour. I remember a certain watch chief misplaced it over the side. :w00t:

6. those plastic windy hammers you could buy in H/K after getting P/U used to drive me nuts if you were on duty / watch / :shakefist:

7. i ditched a few at sea too, watching Nick Woods scratch his head and rub his face at the same time was funny then - however - i do feel guilt now

8. Down the Falklands in '83 on a certain RFA supply ship one of the crew bought all the female sanitary wear and ditched it over the side at the start of a 10 month deployment!!