Sky: "Last Post: Military Mail Cutbacks Slammed"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Sep 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys - pretty important to sign the petition on No 10's website

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SaveBFPO/

Well, to be honest, I'm in 2 minds. I have signed the petition, but it potentially lets Brown make a grand gesture by reversing the whole thing before the general election.

Still, it's important it is reversed so the politics is supplementary.

2. This report has no sustanance .if you read this copy of an email you sahall see
    This is not quite true read this copy of an email

I HAD NOT HEARD OF THIS AT ALL, SO I HAVE SPOKEN TO THE MAIN LADY AT BFPO HQ AND SHE SAYS THAT THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT TRUE. SOME BFPO OFFICES ARE CLOSING BUT THE WHOLE BFPO NUMBERING SYSTEM IS NOT CLOSING DESPITE WHAT THE EMAIL SAYS. TREAT IT AS RUBBISH.

IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO SEND MAIL WITHOUT A BFPO NUMBER!

I'M SURPRISED THAT IT HAS COME FROM SUPPORT OUR SOLDIERS - I HAVE HAD DEALINGS WITH THEM BEFORE, I DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE SCAREMONGERERS! - IF INDEED IT ACTUALLY DID ORIGINATE FROM THEM)

So if you do get this malicious emai, send the text in the quote above back the person who sent it to you and on to those you would have normally sent it on to, with an explantion. Our troops and their families do not need crap like this.
    Why do people do thing like this ???????????

What they are doing is closing a few very far flung outposts where there are just a handful of personell .Not such the like og the bfpo's in germany ets

3. These BFPO addresses are the only one effected by the reorganisation !!
    Only the following BFPO's destinations will be affected by this closure:

SHAPE BFPO 26
    Brunssum BFPO 28
    Ramstein BFPO 109
    Stavanger BFPO 50
    Karup BFPO 150
    Rome BFPO 65
    Milan BFPO 61
    Lisbon BFPO 6
    Valencia BFPO 62
    Norfolk VA BFPO 63

4. Lesbryan - your second post is actually stated in the report. It is more cutbacks than scrapping. Read it again.

5. If you are affected it is scrapping if your not it is cutbacks. :roll: Is it the thin end of the wedge. :?: When these are done will the rest come in for further scrutiny to make sure they reach the requisite criteria to survive.(whatever that is).It does no harm to sign the petition as it makes the powers that be aware that they are being watched carefully.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Where's dem big, black helicopters..?! :glasses4: :glasses5:

7. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator