Skoda Rapid

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by taffscrivs, Feb 28, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The missus picked up her new car today, 3 month old ex demo Skoda Rapid Spaceback 1.6 tdi 1500 miles on the clock, £4,400 off the list price! We bought this car because of the exceptional reliability of our 2005 Skoda Superb 1.9tdi an absolutely brilliant motor which we're keeping as my get to work car. Hopefully we'll get as good service out of this new one. Skodas, you can't beat 'em!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Got a Fabia 1.6 tdi 2.5 k on the clock £5K off list 3 months old. Was offered one same spec straight off the delivery truck foe £4.5K off list, but SWMBO doesn't like white. some good deals about at Skoda.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  3. Thinking of getting a Skoda this year, they've come on leaps and bounds since VW took over.
  4. I'm looking at a Skoda Roomster, anyone got experience of them?
  5. I think I'd want more than £5 off to convince me.
  6. Do not be fooled by the name, not that much room inside?
  7. Missed off the "K" now amended:oops:
  8. Drakey, buy what you like ,I can only speak from personal experience. Our Superb will be ten years old in May and has been totally reliable, even the battery is the original! Hopefully we'll get the same service out of the new car. You want reliable, go speak to a taxi driver, most of them drive tdi Octavias!
  9. That was true of the cabs in Barrow the last time I was there.
  10. On my third, this time a 1.6Tdi

Don't be fooled by the odd appearance, they are rather useful, lots (and lots) of room inside and a huge boot. We have toured Europe, slept in the thing, moved washing machines etc. Tough interior, no lumpy bits bashing your knees and comfy seats. It returns about 57mpg but it was remapped (it shares the same power train as the Golf Tdi) and resulted in 150hp and lots of Newton thingys.

In the UK, they are much appreciated by those of a certain 'age' and loyal owners tend to replacement with newer models.

The current model is due for replacement with the VAG swb Caddy which will be the one-size fits all markets.

11. We're using the "Scout" version as all wheel drive rapid response vehicles ... and rapid they are too! ... Mind they also have a Yeti!
  12. I went to the Skoda shop this weekend, looking at a new Fabia. SWMBO didn't like the little sticky out bits on the doors of the Fabia. The salesman then said the ex demonstrator Polo was available for the same price as the brand new Fabia. SWMBO loved it - didn't even mention/notice the door sticky out bits! Test driving the Polo tomorrow!
  13. IIRC the Polo is the same floor pan as the Fabia (Its all VW!) ... same power plant ... just the sticky out bit ... oh I give in!
  14. Yep, correctamundo and the point of the tale! The Polo has newer bits and pieces too as the Fabia gets the VW/Polo cast offs later on down the line.